Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Seeking Help for suspected Fraud

Hi everyone,

My name is Calvin, I am from Hong Kong.
    I am writing to seek help and advice for a suspected fraud case concerning member "Anabolicollege17", whose name real name is Matthew Corapi, from New York.

I sent him 2900 usd in total over the last few months and he promised to get me a few NBA R30 game issued jerseys. However, he has sent me nothing so far and i find he does not reply any of my emails anymore.

Since I am from HK, I have no idea what I should do under such circumstances. I wish you could offer me some help.

As far as I know, there are other members besides me who paid him and got nothing too.

Thanks.
    Calvin

Re: Seeking Help for suspected Fraud

That member last posted January 10th. I would welcome a response from Matthew. Sorry you are having issues Calvin.

Quote Originally Posted by skywpk View Post
    Hi everyone,

My name is Calvin, I am from Hong Kong.
    I am writing to seek help and advice for a suspected fraud case concerning member "Anabolicollege17", whose name real name is Matthew Corapi, from New York.

I sent him 2900 usd in total over the last few months and he promised to get me a few NBA R30 game issued jerseys. However, he has sent me nothing so far and i find he does not reply any of my emails anymore.

Since I am from HK, I have no idea what I should do under such circumstances. I wish you could offer me some help.

As far as I know, there are other members besides me who paid him and got nothing too.

Thanks.
    Calvin
    Did you send the money via Paypal?

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzick View Post
    Did you send the money via Paypal?
    yes but it was long time ago, in which it has passed the time bar.

Thats very unfortunate. Hopefully he has a response. Not taking sides, but I did send 2 jerseys overseas at one point and it did take a lot longer than I was anticipating. Now granted I did convey this info to the person buying the jerseys, so he knew what was going on and had tracking information. I know how you feel though, just a simple update would be nice to know what the deal is so you aren't left wondering fearing the worst. Best of luck to both you guys to get it sorted out and make everyone happy.

He was posting like a madman on here in the Summer and Fall of 2013 but completely fell off the radar late in the NFL season

Thats awful Calvin and I hope you are able to track down your money.

I really don't know what I would do in your situation, but if you have all the emails trails and paypal reciepts/emails I would try and contact them first

Quote Originally Posted by skywpk View Post
    Are there any other Game Used Universe members that have had the same experience with 'Anabolicollege17'? If so, can you please post here.

Thanks,
    Chris
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

His email is corapimatt@yahoo.com but you probably already knew that.

I had traded emails with him last summer as I wanted to put a partial deposit on some ProCut Nike jerseys he had on order. He insisted I pay in full price down and I wasn't going to give him $1500 for jerseys sight-unseen. So I never gave him money. He was really bad at responding to emails but he would post here daily.

FWIW people on Jersey Central are having the same problem as you, and someone mentioned possible health issues. So maybe all hope is not lost that you will get your stuff, but who knows.

I'd file a chargeback with your CC company tonight. Their rules likely differ from Paypal's. I'd also call Paypal and I wouldn't stop yelling until someone helps you. They can be difficult to deal with, but persistence might help.

Good luck - keep us posted.

If a member hasn't posted in a month or so and if you haven't gotten an email in that time too I'd worry about the members well being.......

Here is his facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/matthew.cor...=browse_search

Try and drop him a message.