Quote Originally Posted by Dewey2007 View Post
How can you be HOF good but not of of the best of your era? Both are first ballot HOFers for sure but Ichiro doesn't have 5 WS rings and a history for being clutch in the postseason for the most storied franchise in baseball. He's come close but the only thing Jeter doesn't have on his baseball resume is an MVP. Jeter's also the only Yankee to have over 3,000 hits so he's in a class by himself in that sense. I'd say he's the greatest Yankee player since Mantle.

I'd have to guess that his first MLB jersey would go for almost twice what his WS bat did if you get two big time collectors who really want it.
He is going to the HOF because of 3,000 hits and +.300 average. And of course 5 WS that he won with his team.

I don't think of Jeter as being a great player on the field. I think of him as being a very good player who was very consistent.
I do think of him as being a great player overall, considering his leadership, constancy, and attitude. I know it sounds nuts but that is the way I think.
I think of Jeter and I compare him to similar stat players like Molitor and Yount. He is a very distant 3rd to those two guys.
Jeter was blessed with talent and to be a Yankee.