Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any Glomar Bats out there?

Just curious to see what was still out there. My family owned Glomar until they sold it in the late 90's. They retired, ended up in Florida where my dad passed away a few ears ago. My dad Juan P. turned the bats, my mom did the silk-screens, and my sister painted the bats and ran the office. I also made some bats once in a while but wasn't that involved.
    Thanks
    Juan C Faxas

Re: Any Glomar Bats out there?

Quote Originally Posted by jfaxas View Post
    Just curious to see what was still out there. My family owned Glomar until they sold it in the late 90's. They retired, ended up in Florida where my dad passed away a few ears ago. My dad Juan P. turned the bats, my mom did the silk-screens, and my sister painted the bats and ran the office. I also made some bats once in a while but wasn't that involved.
    Thanks
    Juan C Faxas
    Juan -

I have an UNCRACKED Glomar from Chris Latham from his one year stint (2000) with the Colorado Rockies (although he was in AAA Colorado Springs the entire season and never got called up).

It's available if you are interested... I'll take pictures and post tomorrow.

- Smitty

1995-96 Greg Maddux

Banned

Juan, I used to visit your factory in Fullerton every so often. Your family was always very nice. My brother and I frequently ordered bats from you guys for use while we played high school/college.
    I'll try to dig up some photos of professional Glomars I have. The original bats with the small stars were my favorite.

Juan -

Here are pictures of the Chris Latham Bat I mentioned earlier.

It is available for $25.00 DLVD if anyone is interested.

- Smitty
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Here is a Glomar Ozzie Guillen gamer that ozzie personally gave to Zack Minasian , Texas Rangers clubhouse manager in the 80's

When I first bought this bat Mario from Glomar confirmed that Ozzie did use these bats during his career. Thanks Mario.

Banned

Late '90's-early 2000's Giambi Glomar...

Joe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...always looking for game-used JASON GIAMBI equipment!

Have just one Glomar bat in my collection. It is of Yadier Molina, from his 2004 - AAA days in Memphis. You can see his 21 under his autograph. However I cannot locate whether he ever wore 15 that is on the knob. He has worn several numbers in his career. In the Appalachian League as a top prospect in 2001 he wore 30, this is from the autographed card pictured. Also in 2001 at Johnson City he wore 57. In 2002 at Peoria he wore 19. In 2003 he wore 24 with the Tennessee Smokies. In 2003 as a non-roster invitee he wore 74. On 10-30-2004 he made the 40 man roster and picked up 41 which he wore 2004-2005, then in 2006 he picked up 4 which he wears today. If anyone can verify he ever wore 15, I would like to know. If not then some one else wearing 15 used this bat.

Hope this Glomar addition is helpful to your research.

woodbat