Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

NBA collectors: help

i'm interested in possibly acquiring 2 items:

- 1989 or 1990 chicago bulls warm-up jacket from a non-star starter like hodges, paxson, or grant.

- a 1989 or 1990 david robinson warm-up jacket.

(by "warm-up jacket" i mean the jackets they wore with the matching pants when they trotted out onto the court at the start of the game. not the shooting shirts or practice jerseys).

i know absolutely nothing about these items. my questions:

- what should i look for? tagging, style, manufacturer, etc

- can anyone post pics of either item (player doesn't matter) so i can get a sense of the style and tagging?

- how much would each item cost approximately?

- is it realistic to expect to find these items or are they extremely rare?

- what would be some great sources to get these 2 items?

anything else anyone can tell me about these items and acquiring them would be appreciated.

rudy.

Re: NBA collectors: help

In 1989-90 season ALL NBA warmups, jerseys and shooting shirts were made by MacGregor Sand Knit. They switched to Champion during 1990-91 season.
    They should have a year tag ("89" for 1989-90 season), player number tag, quite possibly extra-length tag and exclusive tag (designed and tailored...etc).

Any Bulls item from the Jordan era (commons and semi-stars) are high-priced and sought after. Hodges, Paxson, or Grant would get $500+
    A real David Robinson should go for around $1,000. Fakes and forgeries have brought down the prices.
    Beware of store-boughts that have exclusive tags with no year tag or player number tag. I have seen many of these on eBay that have been altered to represent a star player.
    Also, many times players wore the shooting shirt under the snap-button warm-up, before games. The shooting shirts from this era seem harder to find than the warm up jackets.

Mark Eaton warm-up jacket.
    "89" year tag for 1989-90. "53" player uniform number. 6 inches extra length, body. 6 inches extra length, sleeve. Designed and tailored exclusively for Utah Jazz tag and size tag.

Darnell Valentine warm-up jacket.
    "89" year tag. "11" player uniform number. Milwaukee Bucks exclusive tag. NOT all players had extra length added. Especially players that were close to 6-feet tall.

Here is one of the best links I've found for referencing NBA items.

http://www.dickscourtroom.com/
    "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/

Kingjammy,

I love when people want to talk Spurs. I do have a David Robinson warmup, I am not interested in selling it however, but I i will include some pictures if that helps you. I have a picture of the front, the frame is double glass but it is entirely too difficult to take off the wall so I included some Dominique Spurs pictures, it is from the same year. On the back off the Robinson it does have his name. This is what tagging looks like on a Champion warm up.

Take cake

Worldchamps
    Attached Images Attached Images    

just wanted to thank everyone for their insight and contributions!

great stuff. nice to see some sweet 90s warmup pieces.

rudy.

Hello fron Italy,
    Spurs warmup visible in my collection (NOT FOR SALE) at:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/converse33