Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: How lazy are MLB auth. getting?

Just to add some more info, it looks like the Red Sox World Series jerseys had a similar authentication pattern. All the jerseys I've seen have had only two authentication games, one each for the home white (authenticated after game 1) and road gray (authenticated to game 3) . But in this case, after game 1 the road whites were washed (and possibly put back into use), but the road grays, based on their obvious use (after game 3) were pulled right off the field, authenticated, and the second set most likely used for games 4 and 5. Just my opinion, but here's my guess on the jersey breakdown for the two teams. I could be totally wrong, but this is what it looks like to me:

Cardinals:

Game 1- (road gray) no authentication done after this game. Jerseys most likely used multiple times per email from the Cardinals

Game 2- (road gray)- authentication done after the series (December) to this game specifically. Jerseys most likely used multiple times per the Cardinals

Game 3- (Alternate) - authentication done after the game & jerseys pulled in off the field condition. Only time worn during the series

Game 4- (white) authentication done after the series (December) to this game specifically. Jerseys also possibly worn in game 5 (?)

Game 5- (white) no authentication done after this game. Jerseys possibly used in game 4 (?)

Game 6- (road gray) no authentication done after this game. Jerseys most likely used multiple times per email from the Cardinals

Red Sox

Game 1- (white) Authentication done after the game. Jerseys washed (used later in the series?)

Game 2- (white) No authentication done after the game.

Game 3- (gray) - authentication done after the game & jerseys pulled in off the field condition

Game 4- (gray) No authentication done after the game. (Must be the second set, as the jerseys from game 3 were pulled)

Game 5- (gray) No authentication done after the game.

Game 6- (white) No authentication done after the game (except Ortiz' jersey which was authenticated along with his helmet, batting gloves, cleats, and bats)

Again, I could be totally off on this, but these are just my thoughts based on checking out the authentication codes in the database & what has been showing up in auctions. Any additional info is more than welcome!

Also- MLB has corrected the Cards' road WS jersey authentications to say 2013 instead of 2014 World Series.

The game one Red Sox World Series jersey I have has been washed. I also wondered if they were used at a later date.
    I have an gray playoff jersey from the ALDS and the closes photo match I came across is from a game in the ALCS based on a pine tar mark across the back shoulder. I was also wondering if the ALDS jerseys were used in the ALCS.

[QUOTE=jojac;350008]The game one Red Sox World Series jersey I have has been washed. I also wondered if they were used at a later date.
    I have an gray playoff jersey from the ALDS and the closes photo match I came across is from a game in the ALCS based on a pine tar mark across the back shoulder. I was also wondering if the ALDS jerseys were used in the

Speaking only for the Cardinals, the team used reg season jerseys and added their own patch for home, road, and alternates to be used in both rounds of the playoffs. Don't know how many per player, 2 at the minimum, but could be more. I have an alternate postseason and it shows reg season use as well.

The Red Sox jerseys look to also be regular season jerseys with the playoff or world series patches added. The world series jersey has some light wear but the playoff jersey looks to be pretty worn out.

Quote Originally Posted by jojac View Post
    The Red Sox jerseys look to also be regular season jerseys with the playoff or world series patches added. The world series jersey has some light wear but the playoff jersey looks to be pretty worn out.
    From what I've seen and own, most of the Sox jerseys from the Playoffs were carried over from the season and patched. The WS jerseys all appeared to be new.

I think the WS G1 were used once and pulled. I think G2's were worn in G6. The players kept their white G6 jerseys (and I presume G4 grays which were probably reused in G5).