Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: MLB Authentication- Authenticated Wrong Item

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    Can we see the phot match that proves it is the helmet?
    This game is actually from 9/27 when he hit his first career HR

There are four distinctive marks on the top of the helmet

Quote Originally Posted by MercyMe78 View Post
    This game is actually from 9/27 when he hit his first career HR

There are four distinctive marks on the top of the helmet
    Why post this picture? This picture proves nothing. Photo match it to the actual game and even better the actual at bat...I Dont think this is what he meant by photo matching it.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsontravis@ymail.com View Post
    Why post this picture? This picture proves nothing. Photo match it to the actual game and even better the actual at bat...I Dont think this is what he meant by photo matching it.
    Well seeing that another helmet was authenticated as game used for the game I posted... doesn't that prove the point they authenticated the wrong helmet since I have the actual helmet that was used during that game?

John, how can you say this picture proves nothing when it is a complete match? If this was my helmet, I would send these pictures to both The Giants and MLB and have them authenticate it correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by carbonrosa View Post
    John, how can you say this picture proves nothing when it is a complete match? If this was my helmet, I would send these pictures to both The Giants and MLB and have them authenticate it correctly.
    Good Luck I don't think MLB would accept photo matches....or else I have a couple I would liked switched.

There may be a small chance they change it, but idk...tough to say with their strict program.

Good Luck I don't think MLB would accept photo matches....or else I have a couple I would liked switched.

There may be a small chance they change it, but idk...tough to say with their strict program.
    But the pic is a clear photo match. Correct?

I see pics of San Diego and San Fran. Where are the pics of NYY and San Fran in the Mariano Rivera game? I thought that was the purpose of this and keep in mind that its possible he wore 2 helmets in the same game.

Nothing here is definitive that the authenticator made a mistake. Calling something Game Issued and proving it was Game Used happens all the time and is not a mistake as its the burden of proof wasn't met and they label it game issued. Again, that is not a mistake. You just never want to find the opposite where it says Game Used and it was never used.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    I see pics of San Diego and San Fran. Where are the pics of NYY and San Fran in the Mariano Rivera game? I thought that was the purpose of this and keep in mind that its possible he wore 2 helmets in the same game.

Nothing here is definitive that the authenticator made a mistake. Calling something Game Issued and proving it was Game Used happens all the time and is not a mistake as its the burden of proof wasn't met and they label it game issued. Again, that is not a mistake. You just never want to find the opposite where it says Game Used and it was never used.
    The thing is, the helmet was never authenticated during the Yankee game and only during the last home stand and thats why I never showed pictures from the NY game. All four at bats Perez had during the game against the Padres, he was using the the same photo matched helmet. So not sure how they could authenticate another helmet as game used if he never had an at bat with it...

Quote Originally Posted by MercyMe78 View Post
    The thing is, the helmet was never authenticated during the Yankee game and only during the last home stand and thats why I never showed pictures from the NY game. All four at bats Perez had during the game against the Padres, he was using the the same photo matched helmet. So not sure how they could authenticate another helmet as game used if he never had an at bat with it...
    Your helmet looks good. We don't have the ability to see the other helmet to exclude it or to even say he didn't have 2 helmets he used.

I say be happy with what you have. It would be the owner of the other helmet that might have something to be concerned about.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

MLB will NOT change an authentication based on a photomatch due to the rules of their chain of command. If an authenticator did not witness it it is automatically "issued".