Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: MLB Authentication- Authenticated Wrong Item

Quote Originally Posted by carbonrosa View Post
    John, how can you say this picture proves nothing when it is a complete match? If this was my helmet, I would send these pictures to both The Giants and MLB and have them authenticate it correctly.
    I've had a handful of hit baseballs changed, had to go through the team and they contacted the authenticator.

Well how about this, I'm bidding on a "Game-Used Baseball - Pedroia 2 RBI 1B off Cook" Bos @ OAK at the MLB auction site and noticed the date they have is 7/13/13 but on this day Pedroia went 0 for 5. He faced Cook and singled at the top of the 8th ining on 7/12/13. I just contact MLB and explained that I'm biding on this ball but the date is wrong. Hopefully they will get back to me before I retract my bid.
    -Devin

Well how about this, I'm bidding on a "Game-Used Baseball - Pedroia 2 RBI 1B off Cook" Bos @ OAK at the MLB auction site and noticed the date they have is 7/13/13 but on this day Pedroia went 0 for 5. He faced Cook and singled at the top of the 8th ining on 7/12/13. I just contact MLB and explained that I'm biding on this ball but the date is wrong. Hopefully they will get back to me before I retract my bid.
    -Devin
    I haven't ran into a date issue yet, you think with technology the programmer or administrator for the mlb authentication site would create a program that when the authenticators input the holograms they shouldn't be able to change the date since it's "supposedly" a visual authentication. The date should already be input during that session for that date.

Well, the people at MLB Auctions got back to me right away and informed me that they have changed the date in the auction to 7/12/13. It's good to know they jumped on it right away. A plus in my book. There will always be human error with these things but MLB DEFINITELY has the strongest system in place.
    -Devin

Well, the people at MLB Auctions got back to me right away and informed me that they have changed the date in the auction to 7/12/13. It's good to know they jumped on it right away. A plus in my book. There will always be human error with these things but MLB DEFINITELY has the strongest system in place.
    -Devin
    That's the big difference to always understand that honest mistakes happen and correcting them quickly is a key. They have also been good about making changes to descriptions or even adding to descriptions to help collectors.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

I'm a fan of MLB authentication, and I've found the authentication by the Rangers' authenticator to be very accurate regarding balls. But there's always room for improvement. A simple proofreading by somebody of the MLB.com play-by-play, posted after every game on the website, would take only a few minutes; and would eliminate the majority of clerical errors up front. I've found those clerical errors usually involve dates or inning numbers, and the PBP proofread would catch those quickly.