Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Steiner weighs in on Eli Manning controversy

From Brandon Steiner's twitter...

https://twitter.com/BrandonSteiner/s...71679618985985

Name:  Screen shot 2014-02-25 at 7.37.08 PM.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  68.1 KB
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Re: Steiner weighs in on Eli Manning controversy

Brandon has everything to lose. The guy will admit nothing even though people within his company even questioned the use on items. Heck a forum member was even duped into buying a supposed game used helmet. You cannot tell me Steiner did not notice the missing Velcro in the helmet. It even came with 4 COA's as well. Buyer beware is all I can say.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil316 View Post
    Brandon has everything to lose. The guy will admit nothing even though people within his company even questioned the use on items. Heck a forum member was even duped into buying a supposed game used helmet. You cannot tell me Steiner did not notice the missing Velcro in the helmet. It even came with 4 COA's as well. Buyer beware is all I can say.
    Exactly..

Brandon has stated on numerous interviews that he started his company based upon trying to market a Mark Messier SCF signed photo previously published from the 1994 Finals. He obtained the rights to said photo and built his worthless business from there. "Starting in 1987", the first line of this release is a bold faced lie.

He then allowed a QVC program to market his products without disclosing they were "at auction" and without telling buyers there was a "!00% buyers premium"

Under his control the NY Rangers wear sets of jerseys to match demand. If a third buyer shows interest in a jersey when the first two sets sell? He'll wear another.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Buyer beware is all I can say.
    +1.

But if I remember the post correctly. The Forum member did not buy the helmet from Steiner he bought it from someone who said they bought it from Steiner.

Quote Originally Posted by dnrapp View Post
    But if I remember the post correctly. The Forum member did not buy the helmet from Steiner he bought it from someone who said they bought it from Steiner.
    GMEN92 was the buyer of the helmet. The helmet was sold by Steiner and came with 4 Steiner COA's. I do not see how him buying it from a friend would be much different than buying direct from Steiner as it came with the 4 COA's that where all issued by Steiner.

Seems like you are casting doubt and trying to pad the fact that Steiner "potentially" has been caught red handed selling fake Eli Manning items.

A former Steiner Sports employee said that staffers of the memorabilia seller suspected that not all of the “game-used” gear was real. “Specifically, from Eli we would see it and say, ‘Come on, this is not ‘game used,’ ” the source said.

Then you have the emails. Those to me are the "smoking gun".

Banned

I could see giving Steiner the benefit of the doubt, if they wanted to claim ignorance based on receiving items from an equipment manager who pulled the wool over their eyes. Apologies, refunds, and destroy the items to prevent future fraud. Oh, if only it was that easy.

But how do they explain RESELLING items that were returned, after the original customers informed them the items were not authentic and provided them with proof to back it up?

You know what they say, Steiner. Fool us twice...

The statement from Steiner is pretty much what you'd expect. Not really giving any facts and skirting around the issues. Pretty much what we expect to hear from a prepared statement these days.

I wonder how much of his items does Brandon even go through or has knowledge about? If I purchased a game used Yankees baseball from an obscure game and he signs off on the LOA, shouldn't he be responsible for any questions I have about it?