Quote Originally Posted by Jim65
Mark, the handwritten letter didn't convince you?

The interesting thing about the letter shown in the ebay listing is that the letter I have seen in the past was much longer. Regardless, the "long version" of the letter is much like this shorter version in that the writer never claims the jerseys to be game worn. And even if they did, they would be incorrect.

As for the PSA/DNA authentication of both jerseys, J93289 and J93290, those who are thinking that this means that the jerseys have been authenticated as game worn might want to check out the PSA DNA website. Only the signatures were authenticated.

This is a classic example of one of the things that really bothers me about the hobby. When certain items get passed around a few times including listed in a major auction house or two with "authentication" from the auction house, fiction can quickly turn into fact. Once that happens, it is hard to set things straight and turn the fiction back to fact.

I feel for the poor soul who spent over $10 grand for one of the replica orange Csonka jerseys in an auction back in December 2004, especially knowing that Leland's Auction was selling one of the real orange Csonka jerseys in their auction running at the same time. Leland's Csonka jersey went for a little over $3,000.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net