Quote Originally Posted by brianborsch View Post
I think it could just be a bidding war situation. If two people want a jersey bad enough and have funds to spare they may go at it. I have certainly overpaid for an item due to another person having interest and me not being willing to budge from the item.
Hah, 1 of the 1st auctions I did online I might have been drinking a little bit before hand so that just magnified that sort of attitude. I waaaay overpaid for some things.

In the end though, I know I've overpaid for things beyond just that auction and as long as its something I really want, I'm ok with it. I have some Kobe Bryant shoes that don't have any real historical value, just a regular pair of game worn shoes that I'll never be able to get my money back no matter what his career finishes like. At best I could probably get half. I'm cool with it though, because he is my favorite current Laker and 1 of my top 4 favorite players in any sport all time.

that being said, Kobe is a bit different than a feel good story journeyman I'd say like been stated, probably just some people who let emotions get the best of them. Or maybe his mom.......