Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

NFL Auctions PSA/DNA

On the LOA from the NFL it comes with a PSA/DNA ID# on it. I was looking at an item currently on ebay that was from NFL Auctions and said it was game used. On the PSA/DNA site though when I entered in the # it was just verifying the signature, but not that it was game used. Is that pretty standard or is the item on ebay being misrepresented? Thanks

Re: NFL Auctions PSA/DNA

Quote Originally Posted by xsentrixsupra View Post
    On the LOA from the NFL it comes with a PSA/DNA ID# on it. I was looking at an item currently on ebay that was from NFL Auctions and said it was game used. On the PSA/DNA site though when I entered in the # it was just verifying the signature, but not that it was game used. Is that pretty standard or is the item on ebay being misrepresented? Thanks
    I would take the COA at face value, if there's no mention of the item being game used, it wasn't certified as such. Sellers do this all the time (unfortunately).

PSA may have dropped the ball, but the proof is in the pudding.
    WTB -
    Rob Gronkowski GU / GI jerseys
    Patriots GU / GI red throwback or silver jerseys
    Jose Canseco A's GU jersey

Yeah thats what I was thinking and wanted to ask before bidding. I was going to pick this up for my cousin's husband who lives in San Diego but also is a Purdue alumni so this would be a great gift!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251463253705...9#ht_25wt_1153

I have a lot of experience with this. Just looked it up and it def would have noted game used on the PSA site, which it does not. This is just authenticating the signature.

Quote Originally Posted by xsentrixsupra View Post
    Yeah thats what I was thinking and wanted to ask before bidding. I was going to pick this up for my cousin's husband who lives in San Diego but also is a Purdue alumni so this would be a great gift!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251463253705...9#ht_25wt_1153
    It's too bad the seller can't take decent pictures. At that price a $500 Drew Brees auto'd procut jersey is not a bad deal. But it's hard to tell from the pics what the cut is.

Looks like they updated the description too.
    WTB -
    Rob Gronkowski GU / GI jerseys
    Patriots GU / GI red throwback or silver jerseys
    Jose Canseco A's GU jersey

I hope whoever won that gets the chance to back out if they want.

PSA/DNA make errors in their authentication all the time. I have an Aldon Smith game worn photo matched 49er jersey from 2012 (PSA/DNA number N 88298) that is authenticated as an "authentic jersey" in the system. The jersey is clearly game used and was purchased via NFL Auctions. The funny thing is that PSA has an image of the jersey complete with grass stains on their website and they still failed to classify it as game used. I tried to call them but the phone number goes unanswered.

Quote Originally Posted by solarlottry View Post
    PSA/DNA make errors in their authentication all the time. I have an Aldon Smith game worn photo matched 49er jersey from 2012 (PSA/DNA number N 88298) that is authenticated as an "authentic jersey" in the system. The jersey is clearly game used and was purchased via NFL Auctions. The funny thing is that PSA has an image of the jersey complete with grass stains on their website and they still failed to classify it as game used. I tried to call them but the phone number goes unanswered.
    Wow, I did know that they made mistakes once in awhile, but I would have thought something coming directly from the NFL it would be easy for them to authenticate that.

This jersey is hard to tell though if its used, its pretty clean and there were no repairs and no rips.

I was high bidder on a Romo jersey on Goldin that came from NFL auctions where the PSA stated that it's signed, but it isn't. Goldin clearly stated it, but I still wanted it because the tear on the jersey make it an easy match.