Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Matt Wieters signed game issued GG catchers mitt

Quote Originally Posted by tella27 View Post
    First off guy you've been a member of this forum for like 5 minutes you don't know me or any of the deals I've done. As for tracking on a package I have no clue what you are talking about. And just to be clear I don't owe you a list of people I've done business with and don't need them to post to prove you wrong. I've been on here since 2011 and done a lot of deals. If I had screwed anyone over or made bad deals I wouldn't be on here. You seem to be bitter that I declined your $500 offer to purchase even though my post CLEARLY said I had no interest in selling and only wanted to trade.
    I never asked you for a list of who you did business with. I said it'd be nice if those members posted in the thread. As for Jmorrill, you should have him update that thread on the other site if the transaction has been reconciled as you state.

Quote Originally Posted by danesei@yahoo.com View Post
    I never asked you for a list of who you did business with. I said it'd be nice if those members posted in the thread. As for Jmorrill, you should have him update that thread on the other site if the transaction has been reconciled as you state.
    I don't need to do anything new guy - stop posting on my threads. I've reported your other post to the mods - maybe you should read the rules about highjacking threads..

I'm not hijacking anything. You're not selling anything.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...73&postcount=2

Quote Originally Posted by danesei@yahoo.com View Post
    I'm not hijacking anything. You're not selling anything.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...73&postcount=2
    Here are 2 rules that you forgot to read - these apply also to the post you made on my Wanted thread.

You may dispute opinions and facts, but do so with facts and not by taking it to a personal level. This forum is intended to operate in a positive environment. Please help us achieve that goal. (Where are your facts?)

No Trolling or Baiting. You will not post any topic that disrupts the peace and harmony of this forum. (I declined your offer and now you're trolling this thread and my other thread in the Wanted section. Read ALL the rules new guy)

You may dispute opinions and facts, but do so with facts and not by taking it to a personal level. This forum is intended to operate in a positive environment. Please help us achieve that goal. (Where are your facts?)

No Trolling or Baiting. You will not post any topic that disrupts the peace and harmony of this forum. (I declined your offer and now you're trolling this thread and my other thread in the Wanted section. Read ALL the rules new guy)
    I did nothing to take this to a personal level. The facts are stated:

Someone else posted a thread where you supposedly purchased an item and claimed it never arrived, even though the Postal Service noted it as being delivered. I merely stated that it would be sensible to follow-up on that thread. You said that things were settled with the seller. I said you should have the seller clarify that in the thread.

I never baited nor trolled in any way. I stated facts, not opinions. You insist on calling me "guy" and "new guy" in a very condescending manner. If anything, you are the one taking things to a personal level.

Calling him "new guy" is pretty ridiculous. Also who cares how long he has been a member. He could have 200x the knowledge of you and more transactions with members than you. Heck he may have read this board for the past decade for all you know.

Also people should stop making comments without anything to back it up. I see a lot of comments questioning the authenticity of the glove and nothing about why it may not be game issued.

Looking at pictures I'd have to say it was ordered with no intent to use though. It looks to be in pristine condition just like it left the factory. Anyone who has ever tried to break in a catchers mitt knows it is a pretty tideous project. Any back-up glove would have already been broken in before any emergency arose.

Problem is "Game Issued" is a pretty bland phrase with so many definitions. Also what is the definition of "game model"? I'd be pretty concerned if a company like Steiner isn't using the "game issued" phrase...I'd expect that out of Steiner.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsontravis@ymail.com View Post
    Looking at pictures I'd have to say it was ordered with no intent to use though. It looks to be in pristine condition just like it left the factory. Anyone who has ever tried to break in a catchers mitt knows it is a pretty tideous project. Any back-up glove would have already been broken in before any emergency arose.

Problem is "Game Issued" is a pretty bland phrase with so many definitions. Also what is the definition of "game model"? I'd be pretty concerned if a company like Steiner isn't using the "game issued" phrase...I'd expect that out of Steiner.
    Steiner doesn't put anything on certs except "game model" unless they are authenticating the item. When they authenticate the signature they write game model. This can be verified by asking Brandon at Steiner - I sent in my Pierce rookie game used jersey to be signed and it's signed and inscribed Game Used but they put on the cert "Game Model" with all the jersey info and also with "Game Used" inscription. Brandon told me directly that's the reason. The glove is Wieters custom model gold glove with his nickname stitched onto it. Donated to Jeter for his charity auction. There is NO difference in this glove and the one used in games. They are all ordered the same - Wieters (like any other player) orders multiple gloves prior to the start of ST. To say that this glove was ordered separate or only to be signed and donated is PURLEY opinion. There is no difference between a game issued player exclusive item and game model player exclusive. It's like calling a issued jersey only a game model..

Steiner doesn't put anything on certs except "game model" unless they are authenticating the item. When they authenticate the signature they write game model. This can be verified by asking Brandon at Steiner - I sent in my Pierce rookie game used jersey to be signed and it's signed and inscribed Game Used but they put on the cert "Game Model" with all the jersey info and also with "Game Used" inscription. Brandon told me directly that's the reason. The glove is Wieters custom model gold glove with his nickname stitched onto it. Donated to Jeter for his charity auction. There is NO difference in this glove and the one used in games. They are all ordered the same - Wieters (like any other player) orders multiple gloves prior to the start of ST. To say that this glove was ordered separate or only to be signed and donated is PURLEY opinion. There is no difference between a game issued player exclusive item and game model player exclusive. It's like calling a issued jersey only a game model..
    So really it comes down to one mans opinion. Obviously made to his specifications and could be considered Wieters issued/player issued.

As far as game issued I think it really goes to someone's opinion. To me I wouldn't consider it game issued as it isn't ready for a game. There is no way it was ever "Hey I might have to use this today."...it simply isn't ready to be used, it is incomplete not broken in.

However I wouldn't argue if you considered it game issued if you thought Wieters got it at the start of ST with the possible intent of using it at some point in the season if need be.

Regardless whoever got it at the original price of <$300 got a bargain and its a pretty cool piece. Since getting a game used Gold Glove probably will never happen, settling for the next best thing isn't too bad...and I am a massive catchers mitt fan.

I've done business with MANY members of this forum and most I've done multiple deals with. The people that do business with me know that I'm a solid person to work with.
    Doesn't matter that you have done transcations with "many" members. You seem to want to ignore the fact that you CLEARLY intended to commit fraud with Jmorrill , and on a high end item like the ones you would like to trade for here on GUU. Add to the fact your condescending attitudes towards other on this forum, doesn't make for good business.