Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • calmanagement
    • Jun 2012

My Miguel Cabrera GU Collection

For me the greatest moment from 2013 in all of MLB was when Miggy and Mariano Rivera battled on Friday, August 9 in Yankee Stadium to then relive the moment on Sunday, August 11. Both ab's Miggy took Rivera deep to send each game to extras. They are his only 2 career hits vs. Rivera.

Miggy wore this jersey on Sunday, August 11 for the encore performance. It does show some use so I'm trying to photomatch to see if he wore the entire Yankees series.

This was Career HR 357 and #36 for Miggy's back-to-back MVP Season.
    Attached Files
    Collecting Miguel Cabrera and Detroit Tigers
    sigpic

Comment

• calmanagement
      • Jun 2012

I hope you enjoyed the jersey. Here's something just a tad bit better

Miggy GU UNCRACKED bat from 2013 with a bit of history! Miggy stepped up to the plate battling his nagging injury in the top of the ninth on Friday, August 9, 2013 vs the GOAT - Mariano Rivera. Tigers were down 3-1 and Rivera already had 2 outs. Tigers had 1 on. It was storybook.

Miggy had never gotten a hit off Rivera and on the first pitch he hit a pop foul that was about 1 inch out of the reach of Yankees 1B Lyle Overbay. The game easily could have ended there. Rivera has Miggy down 0-2. On the 1-2 pitch Miggy fouls the inside cutter off his knee. He couldn't move. He hobbled around for over a minute before getting back in the box. On the very next pitch Miggy fouls the pitch off the very same spot on his knee. The drama of the ab was building. After getting the count even Miggy hits a bomb to straight away cf on one leg. Tigers forced extras but ended up losing. Didn't matter. This was the greatest moment of the 2013 MLB season.

That's all this bat needed to be special. But this bat has so much history. Miggy faced Rivera on Sunday, August 11 and did it again. Another bomb off the GOAT. Not done yet. Miggy hit a HR off Hughes on the Saturday game. Miggy also used this bat for HR's on 8/7 vs. Indians, 8/12 off Chris Sale, and 8/14 off John Danks before finally retiring the bat.

6 HR's UNCRACKED BAT!!!!!!!!!

Career HR's 354-359
      Season HR's 33-38

Oh one more piece of history with the bat. On August 6, 2013 Miggy used this bat for his 6th straight 100th RBI of the season. This set a Tigers record for most consecutive 100 RBI seasons. The previous record holder - Charlie Gehringer - he tied in 2012.
      Attached Files
      sigpic

Comment

• DetroitSportsFan
        • Dec 2013

Re: My Miguel Cabrera GU Collection

Charlie, I know that we've talked about this before, but you have to have the greatest private Miggy collection out there. Congratulations! It is just awesome. You better give your wife a hug and kiss tonight.

Comment

• calmanagement
          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by DetroitSportsFan
          Charlie, I know that we've talked about this before, but you have to have the greatest private Miggy collection out there. Congratulations! It is just awesome. You better give your wife a hug and kiss tonight.
          Thanks Steve. I'm not sure if it's the best but I'm lucky to have some special pieces. My wife is a great supporter of me in this hobby. I'm a lucky man!
          sigpic

Comment

• calmanagement
            • Jun 2012

Miggy's performance during the regular season is historic. He hasn't disappointed in the postseason either. My final 3 posts for now are the Rivera bat, this bat and the next. Can't actually pick which one I like more.

I shared the MLB Authenticated postseason HR ball. How about the bat Miggy used to hit that ball.............and smack his HR over the Green Monster in Game 2 of the ALCS.

This bat is absolutely pounded. I've yet to see another Miggy bat with this much use. He used this bat for nearly the entire postseason with exception to just a few ab's he decided to bring a different piece of lumber up to the plate.

This bat is also UNCRACKED! Miggy has 12 career postseason HR's. The biggest being as a rookie with the Marlins in game 4 of the WS.

*One last note on this bat. Prince Fielder borrowed this bat in ALCS Game 5 and recorded his last hit as a Tiger. McCarver and Buck talked about the bat for a few seconds on air and I have a great photomatch of this. (Big Shout out as usual to Rich for giving me a heads up about it)
            Attached Files
            sigpic

Comment

• calmanagement
              • Jun 2012

Here is my last post for now. I believe this is the best Miggy item I own and of the best to possibly own. It is a 2012 GU MLB Authenticated UNCRACKED bat from his 1st MVP campaign and of course the Triple Crown. The bat was authenticated by MLB and a sticker was placed on the barrel after Miggy collected his 100th RBI in 2012 because it tied the Tigers Record set by Charlie Gehringer of most consecutive 100 RBI seasons.

It is the only time I'm aware of that Miggy had a bat hologrammed while it was still in use. He achieved this feat on 8/14/12. He used this bat for HR's on 8/15 and 8/17. Career HR's 307-308 and season HR's 30-31.

It is the only MLB Authenticated uncracked 2012 bat in existence.
              Attached Files
              sigpic

Comment

• joetiger83
                • Aug 2012

I've been waiting for this thread for a long time! I've been lucky enough to see many of these items before but to see them all in one spot is just amazing. I've never seen collecting game used as a competition, but if it was, you're winning Charlie haha. Thanks for sharing your Miggy collection with us! I'm available to help you store it if need be...

Comment

• calmanagement
                  • Jun 2012

Originally posted by joetiger83
                  I've been waiting for this thread for a long time! I've been lucky enough to see many of these items before but to see them all in one spot is just amazing. I've never seen collecting game used as a competition, but if it was, you're winning Charlie haha. Thanks for sharing your Miggy collection with us! I'm available to help you store it if need be...
                  Thanks Joe. I'm a big fan of your collection. Love all the HR bats (Minus that "Crush" Davis you had). I view everything in life as a competition though! I always have to win!
                  sigpic

Comment

• H2R-JU10
                    • Feb 2010

Charlie, you certainly have a very impressive Miguel Cabrera collection. I will post mine soon. I just need to find out how to reduce the size of my photos.

Could you contact me at hramirezh2r@yahoo.com? I will like to ask some questions about the Miggy WBC jersey.

Regards

Comment

• sportscrazy13
                      • Nov 2007

Charlie, the more Miggy stuff you post, the more jealous I get. Your collection without a doubt is second to none. How many Sam bats do you own?
                      Gary
                      gashlockusmc@yahoo.com

Always looking for Atlanta Braves & St Louis Blues game used stuff, old and current stars

Comment

• Dach0sen0ne
                        • Jul 2010

Charlie, that's all you got? HAHA Awesome stuff man! SUPERB photomatches!

Comment

• calmanagement
                          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by sportscrazy13
                          Charlie, the more Miggy stuff you post, the more jealous I get. Your collection without a doubt is second to none. How many Sam bats do you own?
                          Gary, I'm still drooling at your WS jersey! That is one item I wish I picked up. I guess I will have to wait until October 2014 Total gu bats is 12. 10 are sam.
                          sigpic

Comment

• calmanagement
                            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Dach0sen0ne
                            Charlie, that's all you got? HAHA Awesome stuff man! SUPERB photomatches!
                            Rich I'm not sure what's better: Your photomatching skills or your general awesomeness helping out myself and other collectors. It's like a 7-7 Tigers vs. Yankees Spring Training Tie.
                            sigpic

Comment

• ABL228
                              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by calmanagement
                              Thanks for the kind words. He is the best hitter on the planet. If he can stay healthy and productive for 7 more seasons he might go down as the best RH hitter ever.

I wish he hadn't got hurt this past year because it would've been a back to back triple crown! Can't ignore that like the nation did with his first triple crown.

Comment

• xmartyx
                                • Jun 2010

Wow.

Any photos of everything together?

Comment

Working...