Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: My Miguel Cabrera GU Collection

Quote Originally Posted by calmanagement View Post
    Thanks for the kind words. He is the best hitter on the planet. If he can stay healthy and productive for 7 more seasons he might go down as the best RH hitter ever.
    I agree. I'm blown away by your Miggy collection! That WBC jersey is really sweet!
    Gary
    gashlockusmc@yahoo.com

Always looking for Atlanta Braves & St Louis Blues game used stuff, old and current stars

My Miguel Cabrera GU Collection

Miggy sat out game 162 in Miami during 2013. He did play in games 160 & 161 in his Marlins homecoming. This bat was used during those games. He collected 4 hits with this bat.

Career hits 1,992-1995. This bat shows great use and is uncracked!
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Collecting Miguel Cabrera and Detroit Tigers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by sportscrazy13 View Post
    I agree. I'm blown away by your Miggy collection! That WBC jersey is really sweet!
    Thanks Gary. Your WS items are fantastic! I'm hoping 2014 is the year the Tigers get back to WS and finish it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ya know, once in a great while theres a post started that just makes ya go ...WOW!! One that you go back over & look at multiple times!! This one did it for me!! Its just incredible to see those Miggy items & then realize they're all in the SAME COLLECTION!! Charlie is a great guy and these items have a great home!! Very impressive Charlie!!
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

Miggy hits lots of HR's! He hit this one off Lester on June 21, 2013 vs. Red Sox with two men on base. It's career HR #341 and was the 20th of the season.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdale View Post
    Ya know, once in a great while theres a post started that just makes ya go ...WOW!! One that you go back over & look at multiple times!! This one did it for me!! Its just incredible to see those Miggy items & then realize they're all in the SAME COLLECTION!! Charlie is a great guy and these items have a great home!! Very impressive Charlie!!
    Thanks for the support Dale. It's been a pleasure talking to you about our Tiger collections. Collecting wouldn't be fun without sharing our pieces so I figured time to share my Miggy collection with GUU!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2012 was an epic journey for Miggy. The lore of the Triple Crown is special. I believe this bat is special. The crazy thing is it's not my best 2012 TC/MVP bat. I'll share that bat with my last post of my current collection. (Sorry to be a tease)

This GU bat is absolutely hammered and was used for 2 HR's. Career HR's 296-297 and season HR's 19-20. It was broke on an rbi groundout vs the Angels on July 16, 2012.

I had Miggy sign it and inscribe it. This bat was used for several games and I believe it's the bat that was used pre ASG break for 2 more homers but don't yet have that 100% photomatch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We all know Miggy was on barely one leg from July 1 on. In the postseason he was all arms. We found out why once the season ended. I can't imagine how he was able to play through that.

Yet he still managed to be dominant when he was in the box. He hit 2 HR's in the postseason. One in the ALDS and one in the ALCS. Tigers were down 2-1 before clawing back and forcing game 5 in Oakland. Miggy put the Tigers on the board in the 4th with a 2 run blast to LF off Sonny Gray. Really it was the only mistake Gray made all game. Tigers go on to win the clinching game 3-0.

Here is Miggy's HR baseball. To my knowledge this is the only MLB authenticated Miggy HR Postseason baseball in existence.

I love this HR ball!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GRAND SLAM TIME! (sorry not sorry for all caps) Miggy has 4 career grand slams. This bat was used for career number 4. Miggy hit a Grand Slam in Baltimore on 6/1/13. This bat is pounded and UNCRACKED (sorry not sorry again).

Miggy actually hit 3 career HR's with this bat. 5/29 @ Pirates, 5/31 & 6/1 @ Orioles. The other cool piece of history with this lumber is Miggy hit his 400th career double.

So recap:
    Career Double #400
    Career HR's 336-338
    Season HR's 15-17
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have to ask where you get all of your items. I guess maybe I'm not looking in the right place because I hardly ever see his bats for sale. How are you able to get him to inscribe all of it?