Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Re: The Kansas City Royals game used thread

Time for another hat.

This is another one of those great golden Royals hats. This one was worn by Mike Moustakas on April 22, 2016 when the Orioles visited the K. I did not know it at the time but this would become a very rare item. Moustakas was injured and on the DL early in the season came back and then injured his ACL and was out for the season. He only wore a max of four of these hats in a game for the season and that is assuming that he wore a new one every game. For sure one and two were auctioned off on line so there is a potential that number three and four are the same hat. I will have to see if I can photo-match them. One on opening day vs Mets April 3, 2016. Second was the ring ceremony game vs the Mets on April 5, 2015. Third was Friday April 8, 2016. Fourth was Friday April 22, 2015. That was the last Friday home game he would appear in for the season. He would also hit his sixth home run during the game and receive a Salvy Splash after the game. The hat has a some dirt on the back side, though it is hard to see in the picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images          

My wife and I attended the national championship game with the Storm Chasers when it was held in Charlotte, NC. Unfortunately, we had to head back to Columbia when a torrential storm interrupted the game. But I seem to recall that Merrifield had at least one productive plate appearance in the game before we left.

I attended an Omaha Storm Chasers (Royals AAA team) game on July 16, 2016. It was a jersey off their backs auction night. The Storm Chasers wore special Mossy Oak Camouflage jerseys to celebrate country night with proceeds benefiting The National Wild Turkey Federation (NWTF).

I walked away with one awesome jersey. I won Royals #1 overall prospect Raul Mondesi's game used jersey. He is also the only person in the history of the MLB to make their first MLB appearance in the World Series.

Raul was suspended 50 games for taking cough syrup loaded with PEDs. At the time he was playing in AA. Shortly after he returned to play he was promoted to AAA. This jersey was from his 6th AAA game. I believe that this is also the very first, and at this point only, Raul Mondesi AAA jersey that has hit the market.

In this game Raul went 1 - 2, including a sac bunt and a walk. He hit his first AAA double (fourth overall AAA hit) and scored one run (his second overall AAA run). He would also strike out for the 10th time.

The jersey has some good dirt on the front but is hard to see because of the camo coloring. The jersey is also unique as far as I see. I know Mossy Oak is supposed to have random patterns on their items but as I look at the pic with the players sitting in the dugout, I see the left sleeve looks very similar if not exactly the same on 6 of the 7 players where the sleeve is visible. The one difference is Mondesi's jersey. Raul also signed his name on the number 7. I think Raul started with the number 37 his first couple games in AAA but need to verify that. His usual number 27 has been manager Brian Poldberg’s number so he has settled for #17 at this time.

The best thing of all was my son was incredibly happy and excited. This made his day.

Quote Originally Posted by coxfan View Post
    Speaking of Royals' items, we here in Columbia, SC have been mystified why the Royals were so slow to promote Whit Merrifield, who finally came up May 18 and has been tearing the cover off the ball since. Here with the South Carolina Gamecocks, he set numerous batting records, while playing both RF and 3B with the 2010 National Champion team. He delivered the walkoff 11th-inning single that won the 2010 National Championship for the Gamecocks. It was also the last at-bat at Rosenblatt stadium, in its last College World Series before demolition.

He was the Royals' minor-league Player of Year, I believe, a year or two ago, but the Royals didn't bring him up even for a September cup of coffee. I suspect the problem was that modern scouts look too much at height and weight, and Merrifield was only of average size. He worked on gaining weight during the off-season, so the Royals finally "discovered" his potential.
    I think it had more to do with them not really having a spot for him. They had Colon and Infante for a platoon at 2nd but then added Zobrist. One could argue that Merrifield could've gotten the call instead of Mondesi Jr for the WS but from what I've heard, they already had a guy like him in Zobrist and they picked Mondesi more for his speed and defense.

Got my first jersey of the 2016 season and I got the matching hat with it too. This one is one of the Friday home games where the Royals wore the gold jerseys. Raul Mondesi wore this gold jersey and hat on August 5, 2016 in just his 10th MLB game. It was the first time he wore the gold jersey and hat for the Royals. Not only was this the first gold jersey that he had worn but it was confirmed by the Royals Authentic's staff that this is the very first Raul Mondesi jersey that they had been able to get. That means that I have Raul Mondesi's first available AAA and MLB jerseys. The jersey and the hat both have some dirt on them.

A few gloves from players on the 2015 WS team. Always looking or trading for Salvador Perez items. birddogs(at)ec.rr.com

I just sold my game used kc john gibbons jersey to a guy named john gibbons not the same guy, I checked.

Looking to buy any eric hosmer gu items

Quote Originally Posted by Brutispowell View Post
    Looking to buy any eric hosmer gu items
    Hi Brutispowell, tried to message you with a Hosmer item but you have PMs turned off.

Picked up this George Brett Game Used jersey from his days as hitting coach for the Royals. This one was used on July 14, 2013. It also features some nice pine tar on the right sleeve. George was the hitting coach for two months during 2013. A George Brett GU jersey has been high on my most wanted list. Finally found one I could afford. Maybe next time I can get one from his playing days. Still nice to have a GU jersey from a Hall of Famer.