Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • calmanagement
    • Jun 2012

My Miguel Cabrera GU Collection

It's been an absolute thrill collecting Miguel Cabrera GU items and wanted to share my collection with the GUU community.

Huge shout out to Rich for all of his help photomatching as well as his thoughts and insights regarding several items.

It's also been a pleasure building friendships with other Tiger collectors, particularly Joe and Dale! Sharing our passion for collecting is what makes this hobby so enjoyable.

My Miggy collection is growing exponentially so that's why I decided to create an individual thread.

I'll start off with a jersey. Miguel Cabrera's Game Used World Baseball Classic Jersey. The jersey is filthy and was worn vs. Puerto Rico in the first round of 2013 WBC. Miggy went 1-3 with a BB.
    Attached Files
    Collecting Miguel Cabrera and Detroit Tigers
    sigpic
  • calmanagement
    • Jun 2012

Staying with the WBC theme here is a GU baseball Miggy hit for an RBI single vs. Spain in the 2013 WBC.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Comment

• calmanagement
      • Jun 2012

Miggy is healthy heading into 2014 which is bad news for opposing pitchers. If he can stay healthy all season I see no reason why he can't be a threat to win another Triple Crown and go for the threepeat!

Heres (2) pairs of GU Cleats from Miggy's Triple Crown Season. All 4 shoes are signed. One pair is inscribed. One pair are rubber spikes and the other are metal.
      Attached Files
      sigpic

Comment

• calmanagement
        • Jun 2012

Here is a GU baseball Miggy hit for a double in the 2012 ALDS vs. Tommy Milone. I had Miggy sign and inscribe the baseball. It was Miggy's 31st Career Postseason hit.
        Attached Files
        sigpic

Comment

• calmanagement
          • Jun 2012

Re: My Miguel Cabrera GU Collection

Here's an MLB Authenticated broken bat from Miggy's first season in Detroit. Miggy broke the bat vs. Cleveland on 9/20/2008. The bat is hammered and shows use that would span a minimum of 5-6 games.

Miggy hit a Home Run on 9/17 and then hit 2 HR's on 9/19. It is my belief that this is a 3 HR bat but unfortunately MLB.tv doesn't allow access to 2008 games and I haven't found any photos to match.

Anyone with access to photos or videos from those game I would really appreciate some help matching this!!!! (Yes that's four exclamation marks haha)
          Attached Files
          sigpic

Comment

• calmanagement
            • Jun 2012

Re: My Miguel Cabrera GU Collection

Heres another MLB Authenticated broken bat from Miggy's 2008 season. It was broke on 9/10/2008 vs. Oakland. Miggy hit a HR on 9/7 & 9/8 but once again I've had no way to photomatch.

One of the themes of my collection is HR items. That's why I'm determined to match these 2008 bats and hopefully one of them is a HR bat.

If you are enjoying my thread you probably are asking what the heck is Charlie talking about. Not one item so far has been a photomatched HR item?.........
            Attached Files
            sigpic

Comment

• calmanagement
              • Jun 2012

My favorite Miggy items to collect are HR baseballs. In order to obtain one several things have to work out: Most importantly he has to hit the baseball where MLB Authenticators can retrieve it!

Here is my earliest Miggy HR ball. MLB Authenticated HR ball hit off Brad Penny (Dodgers) on 6/14/2008.
              Attached Files
              sigpic

Comment

• calmanagement
                • Jun 2012

Miggy's 2013 ASG Batting Practice Jersey. As you are aware one jersey goes to MLB and the other goes to Topps. This is the BP jersey Miggy wore the day of the ASG on July 16.

I wish he wasn't hurt because I had reserved his HRD jersey had he participated but that damn injury.
                Attached Files
                sigpic

Comment

• calmanagement
                  • Jun 2012

2010 Uncracked GU Miguel Cabrera Sam Bat. This shows light/moderate use. I had Miggy sign and inscribe with his ridiculous 2010 batting lines:

.328 Average
                  38 HR
                  126 RBI's

Yeah he's kind of good. The bat isn't matched or MLB authenticated. His signature is one of the best in all of baseball and I think his sam bats look awesome signed in gold. (And I hate gold)
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic

Comment

• calmanagement
                    • Jun 2012

2013 Miguel Cabrera GU single on Mothers Day. Thought this was cool to add to the collection with the laces and text pink this year. Miggy singled off Mcallister of the Indians on 5/12/13.

This was career hit #1,856 for Miggy.
                    Attached Files
                    sigpic

Comment

• calmanagement
                      • Jun 2012

2013 GU MLB Authenticated Miguel Cabrera sam bat. Miggy broke this bat on 8/5. He used this bat for 2 HR's. 7/21 in KC vs. Shields (I was in KC on business and was at the game which was a bonus to get this bat) and 7/27 vs. Phillies.

What's awesome is how long Miggy sticks with a piece of lumber. He didn't play due to his injury from 7/23-7/26 but still used this bat until it was broken on 8/5.

These were season HR's 31-32 & Career HR's 352-353.
                      Attached Files
                      sigpic

Comment

• calmanagement
                        • Jun 2012

2012 MLB Authenticated HR Ball. Hit on the fourth of July vs. Twins. Miggy hit 2 HR's this game. The other HR ball landed in the shrubs in straight away centerfield.

I had Miggy sign and inscribe this HR ball. This was Career HR #295 and was the 18th of Miggy's TC/MVP Season.
                        Attached Files
                        sigpic

Comment

• calmanagement
                          • Jun 2012

I'll follow up the HR ball from July 4, 2012 with the jersey Miggy wore while he had his multi homer day. It shows great use and I had Miggy sign and inscribe the jersey.

Miggy was 3-3 on the day with 2 HR's, 1 2B, 1 BB and 3 RBI's. Career HR's 294-295.

It's my favorite jersey I own of Miggy's. A multi HR jersey from TC/MVP year!
                          Attached Files
                          sigpic

Comment

• calmanagement
                            • Jun 2012

This is my only Miggy helmet. Miggy wore the helmet for the entire 2012 ALDS and ALCS. Ahhhh was so great to see the Tigers sweep the Yankees out of the ALCS!

I hope to add some other helmets in the near future.
                            Attached Files
                            sigpic

Comment

• calmanagement
                              • Jun 2012

I have 3 GU bats from Miggy's 2012 Epic Campaign. This is the first one. It is a PSA 10 with excellent use. The handle is taped which I thought was unique as he doesn't do this very often. It was used early in the season @ Seattle.

I had Miggy sign and inscribe this one. I know I've stated this before but his sam bats signed in gold are just awesome.
                              Attached Files
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...