Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

My Miguel Cabrera GU Collection

It's been an absolute thrill collecting Miguel Cabrera GU items and wanted to share my collection with the GUU community.

Huge shout out to Rich for all of his help photomatching as well as his thoughts and insights regarding several items.

It's also been a pleasure building friendships with other Tiger collectors, particularly Joe and Dale! Sharing our passion for collecting is what makes this hobby so enjoyable.

My Miggy collection is growing exponentially so that's why I decided to create an individual thread.

I'll start off with a jersey. Miguel Cabrera's Game Used World Baseball Classic Jersey. The jersey is filthy and was worn vs. Puerto Rico in the first round of 2013 WBC. Miggy went 1-3 with a BB.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Staying with the WBC theme here is a GU baseball Miggy hit for an RBI single vs. Spain in the 2013 WBC.

Miggy is healthy heading into 2014 which is bad news for opposing pitchers. If he can stay healthy all season I see no reason why he can't be a threat to win another Triple Crown and go for the threepeat!

Heres (2) pairs of GU Cleats from Miggy's Triple Crown Season. All 4 shoes are signed. One pair is inscribed. One pair are rubber spikes and the other are metal.

Here is a GU baseball Miggy hit for a double in the 2012 ALDS vs. Tommy Milone. I had Miggy sign and inscribe the baseball. It was Miggy's 31st Career Postseason hit.

Re: My Miguel Cabrera GU Collection

Here's an MLB Authenticated broken bat from Miggy's first season in Detroit. Miggy broke the bat vs. Cleveland on 9/20/2008. The bat is hammered and shows use that would span a minimum of 5-6 games.

Miggy hit a Home Run on 9/17 and then hit 2 HR's on 9/19. It is my belief that this is a 3 HR bat but unfortunately MLB.tv doesn't allow access to 2008 games and I haven't found any photos to match.

Anyone with access to photos or videos from those game I would really appreciate some help matching this!!!! (Yes that's four exclamation marks haha)

Re: My Miguel Cabrera GU Collection

Heres another MLB Authenticated broken bat from Miggy's 2008 season. It was broke on 9/10/2008 vs. Oakland. Miggy hit a HR on 9/7 & 9/8 but once again I've had no way to photomatch.

One of the themes of my collection is HR items. That's why I'm determined to match these 2008 bats and hopefully one of them is a HR bat.

If you are enjoying my thread you probably are asking what the heck is Charlie talking about. Not one item so far has been a photomatched HR item?.........

My favorite Miggy items to collect are HR baseballs. In order to obtain one several things have to work out: Most importantly he has to hit the baseball where MLB Authenticators can retrieve it!

Here is my earliest Miggy HR ball. MLB Authenticated HR ball hit off Brad Penny (Dodgers) on 6/14/2008.

Miggy's 2013 ASG Batting Practice Jersey. As you are aware one jersey goes to MLB and the other goes to Topps. This is the BP jersey Miggy wore the day of the ASG on July 16.

I wish he wasn't hurt because I had reserved his HRD jersey had he participated but that damn injury.

2010 Uncracked GU Miguel Cabrera Sam Bat. This shows light/moderate use. I had Miggy sign and inscribe with his ridiculous 2010 batting lines:

.328 Average
    38 HR
    126 RBI's

Yeah he's kind of good. The bat isn't matched or MLB authenticated. His signature is one of the best in all of baseball and I think his sam bats look awesome signed in gold. (And I hate gold)

2013 Miguel Cabrera GU single on Mothers Day. Thought this was cool to add to the collection with the laces and text pink this year. Miggy singled off Mcallister of the Indians on 5/12/13.

This was career hit #1,856 for Miggy.
    Collecting Miguel Cabrera and Detroit Tigers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]