Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: #8 Cal Ripken Jr Collection

two more game used bats with the "game used" notation...As many know ,Cal is very selective on when he will add that "game used" inscription (he scrutinizes everything)...The black 1995 bat one was one that accidently slipped out of his hands during a swing @ Tiger Stadium that summer & I acquired it from the Tigers fan who "caught it" & fortunately Cal recalled that moment when I presented it to him to sign:

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    two more game used bats with the "game used" notation...As many know ,Cal is very selective on when he will add that "game used" inscription (he scrutinizes everything)...The black 1995 bat one was one that accidently slipped out of his hands during a swing @ Tiger Stadium that summer & I acquired it from the Tigers fan who "caught it" & fortunately Cal recalled that moment when I presented it to him to sign:

Send me an email
    5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

This large sign was one that hung on one of the gates of Camden Yards the evening that Cal surpassed Lou Gehrig for the most consecutive games played record in 1995...I believe they didn't mention the event specifically per se on the signs to deter theft (oh well):

LVS delivered a small shipment of bats to Cal right before the 1999 season, mistakenly using his father's contract signature (coincidently less than a month after Cal Sr. passed away). Cal did not feel comfortable in using them & gifted one to me:

ironmanfan, trying to send you a PM, your box is full. Can you make room please or email me at jtmaddenjr@yahoo.com. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by eisenreich8 View Post
    ironmanfan, trying to send you a PM, your box is full. Can you make room please or email me at jtmaddenjr@yahoo.com. Thanks!
    not sure how to empty my mailbox, but anyone can email me at whhp72@yahoo.com