Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: locker nameplate... underrated G.U. item?

I think for player collectors or people that have locker displays they are cool, but minus that I don't think they are that great.

I have a Ryan Braun one, but that's it. Past $100 I don't see value.

Quote Originally Posted by pm3900 View Post
    Do you have any locker room nameplates of Chase, Cliff Lee, or Utley? If so, I am interested in buying. Don't care what years they are, just looking for Phillies nameplates of them. Have been looking and cant find any. Thanks Patty
    Check with Phillies Authentics, their last list of items they had a Cliff Lee from 2013 but were asking $199

I think they're great for displaying with the jerseys, especially if you have a jersey that was in the locker when that nameplate was on the locker. Even better if it's from a championship series.

Quote Originally Posted by pm3900 View Post
    Do you have any locker room nameplates of Chase, Cliff Lee, or Utley? If so, I am interested in buying. Don't care what years they are, just looking for Phillies nameplates of them. Have been looking and cant find any. Thanks Patty
    I will see what Aaron has from the Phillies series that just ended here at Coors Field. They usually make the visiting teams locker plates available.

I have Roy Halladay's available from last year here at Coors Field as well as Ryne Sandberg's (that I just got signed this past weekend) that I might be interested in selling.

Some are MLB certified, some are not. Just like with jerseys, if the Authenticator does not physically see the clubbie take the tag off the locker to change it for the next series, it does not get MLB Cert.

- Smitty

Pricing for name plates has become a little insane. Right now, Derek Jeter's Astros opening day locker name plate with just his number and no name is at $1250 on mlb auctions. That is crazy money. I was surprised his name plate where he passed Paul Moliter only went for $550 last week. At least that one had his name on it.

For me, I love collecting ticket stubs as well as GU balls/bats/jerseys. One of my collections is every significant hit Jeter has in his career including the tickets where he passed every player over 2500 hits. When completed, a locker name plate framed above all those tickets on my wall would finish that piece.

Here is an example of a handmade locker nameplate used during the 1967 Allstar Game played in Anaheim. Produced on 1/16" thick hardboard or posterboard, it may have been created by clubhouse personnel. Future HOFers at that game were Mickey Mantle, Yaz, Killebrew, Aaron, Mays, Clemente, Gibson, Kaline......

Locker name plates have come along way, haven't they?
    Attached Images Attached Images