Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

kobe jersey in Historic & VA

any opinions on these 2 jerseys?...My opinion is that I don't like them..

A close friend of 15 years told me in 2004, when he started seeing these sell,that they were not the real deal...in 2004, when the lakers switched to Reebok, Kobe started wearing a size 56 and not a 50!!!...My buddy is THE expert on Lakers items and has had the best connections with the Lakers for many years...he also authenticates items for dealers and auction houses discreetly

I've been hearing about this for 2 years but there isn't much that one can do about it untill I discovered this site...This spring he called me all fired up that he finally has proof and that hopfully these size 50's will all be burned...a close-up of Kobe on Getty...he published this on his ebay site and has called the auction houses when he sees one come up for sale...most pull the item and some never respond..but yet these jerseys are still being sold and with LOA's from both Lampson and Mears...

Once again, do your job!!!!...If I failed at my job, I'd get fired!!!...Getty has done all the work for you!!!...take 5 seconds to look up a picture!!!...very frustrating!!!

Not sure if Forum rules allow it but my buddy would be a great resource for this site concerning Lakers items

Banned

Re: kobe jersey in Historic & VA

Can you please reference the Getty Image # that shows the size 56 tag?

What is your friends name? We'd love to have him join the Forum and contribue.

Thanks.
    Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

If your friend is a recognized authority on game used Lakers equipment, his involvement in this forum would be welcomed and encouraged. Please ask him to register and post. Regarding all the size 50 Kobe Bryant Lakers jerseys on the market, please post whatever evidence you have that points to the fact that Kobe wears a size 56 and not a 50. If you are unable to post photos, please email me the photos and I'll post them on your behalf. Posting that type of photographic evidence in a public forum is the best thing you can do to assist other collectors.

Thanks for your input.
    Rob Steinmetz
    www.authenticgamers.com
    authenticgamers@aol.com

Paying top dollar for Chicago Cubs game used equipment!

I am no fan of Historic, but Kobe never wore a 56 jersey. 56 is huge, Karl Malone wore a 54, Shaq wore a 56. You need to associate with better friends.

encinorick...just for you

the image # is 57498646

or the link

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/sou...%7c0&p=2&tag=1

Could that be a 56 warmup he's wearing?

rudy.

more info to the doubters..

find pictures of the NBA charity game for Katrina where the NBA auctioned off the jersey's of the players after the game...both Kobe & LEBRON were wearing 56's and the manufacturer is Reebok!!!!

My gosh, you must be a Boston Celtics fan. Like I said, show me a 56 jersey (exclusively) worn by Kobe in the time-frame we are talking about, then let's talk. Everyone knows there's a "fat" and "skinny" Shaq, but Kobe? Nope, not for the "pound for pound" basketball player in the NBA.

on court, end of game 4 of the 2002 finals:

rudy.