Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: remove sharpie from base

Quote Originally Posted by 64SHEA View Post
    Of all the shows I have been to since 2005 Steiner is the only company who has flat out said no photos for some of there signings. Every one else seems to leave it up to the athlete. Even the few signings I have gone to where there was a charge for a pro photo op I could still take a picture with them at the show.
    I went to a NY Rangers Steiner show and they let you take pics with the player with no extra charge. The players were Mike Richter, Lundqvist, Callahan and Staal. Guess it depends on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanjd View Post
    I know it sounds like a lot but you get the autograph in a controlled environment were you can bring in items you couldn't bring into a stadium or wouldn't want to also the item is going to be placed on a table or held steady with no jostling so you are going to get a cleaner signature then at the stadium. Also by buying the auto it means you will get one versus maybe getting one at the stadium

Mariano signed the same at the stadium as he does on all his Steiner stuff and I couldn't see any difference. I don't have a pic right now of the ball he signed but it was a great signature.

Quote Originally Posted by marino13 View Post
    A rip-off is when you got scammed unwillingly. People/company cheated you and so forth.

How is it a rip-off when people are willing to spend their money?

Sounds like a broke-ass complaint to me. If you cant afford it, it aint for you. But dont go around and screaming rip-off. (Hey, I always wanted a Mickey Mantle gamer, since I cant afford it I will scream bloody rip-off.)

Another thing, if people willing to spend $400 for a signature, at least get something worthy signed. Why would you paid $400 to get a signature on a baseball, photo or hat .. when you can actually buy them for less than half? Make no sense here except "I want to meet him in person" reason.

On the other hand, if you got his gamers signed - now that is another story. At least in the control environment, you can ask where the signature should be and so forth. And then, the final value of the item increase significantly.

Paid for signature is not for everyone - but getting crushed and waited for hours on end and hoping to get an ugly-ass-and-upside-down signature --- every broke ass got time for that.

Calling it a rip-off is a figure of speech and not in the literal sense of the word. It's a rip-off because he's not worth $400. Plain and simple.

I'm not a person that is easily offended by any means but the broke-ass comment is really quite unnecessary.