Beware solicitation by GU forgers, for helmets, jerseys etc..Any shared experiences?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • War Helmets
    • Feb 2014

Re: Beware solicitation by GU forgers, for helmets, jerseys etc..Any shared experiences?

I think what what happened is he steelcurtain58 looked up my facebook profile & seen where I was in a club called the Vinemont forgers.What we do is drink beer around a bonfire in Vinemont,Alabama & women drink what they drink & me and Dave play guitars & we talk into the night.They sometimes put a piece of iron pipe in the fire & someone holds it w a big set of pliers & the other hits it with a big hammer.We have a great time I tell ya & we also ride 4 wheelers.I am not a computer guy,I just surf.I would not know where to begin making counterfeits.I am a local truck driver who works hard for my pay.I don't even have a copier,so I have to go to the library.Me and him tried to work out a deal on a Steelers helmet and he would never show me a pic.I just thought he didn't want to sell it,as he stated he does not like to sell.That is why he acted so weird I guess.He might have put a label on me because on fbook I like a lot of hard rock bands.People around here only care about Alabama & Auburn football,and don't understand why I like the NFL so much.I just love football & game used helmets from the 1980's.Man that upset me saying I was a solicitor or a manufacturer of fakes & then started a thread.He went way over the line!I hope they won't let him go out attacking & accusing people because he has a museum of big names.Very frustrated!

Comment

• genius
      • Aug 2007

Re: Beware solicitation by GU forgers, for helmets, jerseys etc..Any shared experiences?

sounds like a misunderstanding to me especially with "forgers" in your club name! Reminds me of when they announced the USFL "Maulers", everyone thought of a bear mauling or something like that and they were like "no, we're mauling steel!"

Comment

• War Helmets
        • Feb 2014

Originally posted by genius
        sounds like a misunderstanding to me especially with "forgers" in your club name! Reminds me of when they announced the USFL "Maulers", everyone thought of a bear mauling or something like that and they were like "no, we're mauling steel!"
        Yep just one big fat misunderstanding.The name of our club is the Vinemont steel forgers.It's just an excuse to get together & drink beer

Comment

• Roady
          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by War Helmets
          Yep just one big fat misunderstanding.The name of our club is the Vinemont steel forgers.It's just an excuse to get together & drink beer
          So, are you the same War Helmets that sold at shows?
          Or did you answer this already? I didn't see it answered if you did.

Comment

• thesteelcurtain58
            • Nov 2013

Ok. Doesn't matter to me whether u forge or not. But I will warn others of my experiences and what I think to look out for. Because they have helped me and I have def been taken advantage of for thousands of dollars. So I said I'd drop it but u persist...

1. Please please tell me what I have to gain by accusing u which ive said many times I'm not specifically accusing you just watch out. But you are acting suspiciously.
            2. Above U just said I wouldnt send u a pictures. But yesterday u stated I would only send u pics from 20 feet away. Which is it? Perhaps this will jog your memory..on march 7 at 2:47 PM i did send u pics by text message. They're still on my phone and can post a screen shot.
            3. I've always said I'm hesitant to sell. This is why. But u always evaded giving me ur price range. Like i said..I have no names to HOFers. But was genuinely trying to help u out. Ur 4-600$ is almost not worth the hassle of packing, mailing, potential dissatisfied customer etc.
            4. I asked at least 4-5 times if u were the same "war helmets " I've seen at shows who def had fake Steeler helmets. And u would never, never answer. I simple no would have ended it.
            5. Despite answering my questions u always responded with asking for more detailed pics from different angles. I see on march 7 for ex ur asking for inside the helmet, drill holes etc pics.
            6. And, no, I didn't look u up on facebook and saw the word forgers on ur Facebook page. I don't have a FB page.
            7. Then when u got what u wanted, "so excited to deal with me" etc blah blah all of the sudden u didnt want a helmet. For no reason. We never came up,with a price. So why?
            8. But yet now u still are looking for a Pitt helmet.

9. Oh, so ur in Alabama? I didn't know that. But Atlanta/Alabama area is exactly where I've seen "war helmets" the forger. Hmmm

...now, just a lot of suspicious behavior to someone who deals a lot with people and have seen this for decades.
            .i could go on with so many holes in ur argument. But let's move on. Not a big deal at all...
            Like i said, just let it go. Hopefully if ur making a reproduction, it's for ur own use. Not accusing u of selling fakes or making fakes.

But I am def looking out for other board members here who have helped me.

Comment

• thesteelcurtain58
              • Nov 2013

Genius,

Just read ur post...that made me laugh. Out loud.

Comment

• War Helmets
                • Feb 2014

For the record>1.I have never known about nor attended a show that you speak of.I never knew a game used show existed.2 If someone uses my cool user name,I have no control over that amigo.I had a terrible user name that I had when I started on here called "helmet lover".I hated it and changed it to War Helmets.3 The#36 helmet you have,a guy named Abercrombie might have used it???He always wore a Maxpro,but it had his style of facemask & was a Riddell.4 I can tell you are wealthy with all your Peyton choker Manning stuff & Bryce Harper gear & don't need to sell sh#t.5 Last time I went to Atlanta I went to a Braves game & got out of that concrete jungle as quick as I could & wasn't even collecting helmets then.I just started last Aug.I have 3 GU helmets a 49ers,Oilers,& Jets.6 This has been one trial by fire if I have ever seen one Dr.Strange

Comment

• War Helmets
                  • Feb 2014

I posted a pic of the team issued Steelers helmet on my thread you sliced into.Look at the logo.That is why I asked those questions.He is going to sell it to me next week unless I can find a gamer till then.I want a gamer,but it might have to wait a while longer ughh For $175 it won't break the bank & the next best thing

Comment

• CollectGU
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by War Helmets
                    2 If someone uses my cool user name,I have no control over that amigo.I had a terrible user name that I had when I started on here called "helmet lover".I hated it and changed it to War Helmets.

This whole quote made me laugh "helmet lover" haha, good idea to change it! I'm now a fan of War Helmets!....I reserve the right to rescind my fanness should he be found to be War Helmets, the forger. Until then, smash that hot metal pipe and sing your ass off!

Comment

• War Helmets
                      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by CollectGU
                      This whole quote made me laugh "helmet lover" haha, good idea to change it! I'm now a fan of War Helmets!....I reserve the right to rescind my fanness should he be found to be War Helmets, the forger. Until then, smash that hot metal pipe and sing your ass off!
                      Thanks CollectGU,helmet lover at the end of the day sounded kind of queer lol.War Helmets on the other hand is totally awesome.I wouldn't be suprised if somebody does use that name.Yeah we have a good ol time.My friend Dave is the sings and plays guitar & I play guitar.A cold beer in one hand & a country girl in the other around a bonfire under the Alabama stars with friends & 4 wheeling,priceless

Comment

• Phil316
                        • May 2013

I think you two should hash it out over the phone. I know many times words via a CPU or text can be taken out of context and hard to make sense. I know reading this thread spun my head.

I must say I have a picture in my head though of a random field with a bunch of hillbillies banging on hot metal, drinking beer and singing their asses off. This was worth the read.

Hope you guys figure it out.

Comment

• genius
                          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by thesteelcurtain58
                          Genius,

Just read ur post...that made me laugh. Out loud.
                          The Oscar for Best Unintentional Comedy on a G/U Thread goes to...."One Dang Helmet", starring "Helmet Lover". Helmet Lover, a hobby newbie who changes his handle to "War Helmets" after being cyberbullied over his name, goes up against the King of G/U, the Jack Lambert of cyberspace, "The Curtain", in an epic legal battle. War Helmets, accused by The Curtain of forging a game-issued Walter Abercrombie helmet, proves his innocence by introducing key photo evidence of "The Forgers" smashing hot metal pipes while playing music and drinking beer with a bunch of hot babes around a campfire. War Helmets' legal strategy was devised by the "Genius", who as part of the settlement wrestles his dream jersey away from The Curtain. Genius, not named for his IQ, then drowns his sorrows in a pint of Guinness because, having finally achieved his decades-long quest, he doesn't know what to do with the rest of his life. A dog drops a Beanie Baby in his lap. Cut to credits.

Comment

• War Helmets
                            • Feb 2014

Originally posted by genius
                            The Oscar for Best Unintentional Comedy on a G/U Thread goes to...."One Dang Helmet", starring "Helmet Lover". Helmet Lover, a hobby newbie who changes his handle to "War Helmets" after being cyberbullied over his name, goes up against the King of G/U, the Jack Lambert of cyberspace, "The Curtain", in an epic legal battle. War Helmets, accused by The Curtain of forging a game-issued Walter Abercrombie helmet, proves his innocence by introducing key photo evidence of "The Forgers" smashing hot metal pipes while playing music and drinking beer with a bunch of hot babes around a campfire. War Helmets' legal strategy was devised by the "Genius", who as part of the settlement wrestles his dream jersey away from The Curtain. Genius, not named for his IQ, then drowns his sorrows in a pint of Guinness because, having finally achieved his decades-long quest, he doesn't know what to do with the rest of his life. A dog drops a Beanie Baby in his lap. Cut to credits.
                            Funny stuff Genius...I thought I had a wild imagination lol

Comment

• CollectGU
                              • Nov 2005

We need to start a War Helmets fan club named..........wait for it..................War Helmet Lovers, I nominate Genius for President, all in favor say "I"...First meeting to be held in a field in Vinemont, Alabama (for directions contact steel curtain as he says it is close to Atlanta) Activities include singing, drinking, hot pipe smashing,.....and steeler and pitt helmet forging!

Comment

• Roady
                                • Jun 2012

Originally posted by CollectGU
                                We need to start a War Helmets fan club named..........wait for it..................War Helmet Lovers, I nominate Genius for President, all in favor say "I"...First meeting to be held in a field in Vinemont, Alabama (for directions contact steel curtain as he says it is close to Atlanta) Activities include singing, drinking, hot pipe smashing,.....and steeler and pitt helmet forging!
                                Man crushes are painful to watch.

Comment

Working...