Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Beware solicitation by GU forgers, for helmets, jerseys etc..Any shared experiences?

Genius,

Just read ur post...that made me laugh. Out loud.

Re: Beware solicitation by GU forgers, for helmets, jerseys etc..Any shared experiences?

For the record>1.I have never known about nor attended a show that you speak of.I never knew a game used show existed.2 If someone uses my cool user name,I have no control over that amigo.I had a terrible user name that I had when I started on here called "helmet lover".I hated it and changed it to War Helmets.3 The#36 helmet you have,a guy named Abercrombie might have used it???He always wore a Maxpro,but it had his style of facemask & was a Riddell.4 I can tell you are wealthy with all your Peyton choker Manning stuff & Bryce Harper gear & don't need to sell sh#t.5 Last time I went to Atlanta I went to a Braves game & got out of that concrete jungle as quick as I could & wasn't even collecting helmets then.I just started last Aug.I have 3 GU helmets a 49ers,Oilers,& Jets.6 This has been one trial by fire if I have ever seen one Dr.Strange

I posted a pic of the team issued Steelers helmet on my thread you sliced into.Look at the logo.That is why I asked those questions.He is going to sell it to me next week unless I can find a gamer till then.I want a gamer,but it might have to wait a while longer ughh For $175 it won't break the bank & the next best thing

Quote Originally Posted by War Helmets View Post
    2 If someone uses my cool user name,I have no control over that amigo.I had a terrible user name that I had when I started on here called "helmet lover".I hated it and changed it to War Helmets.

This whole quote made me laugh "helmet lover" haha, good idea to change it! I'm now a fan of War Helmets!....I reserve the right to rescind my fanness should he be found to be War Helmets, the forger. Until then, smash that hot metal pipe and sing your ass off!

Quote Originally Posted by CollectGU View Post
    This whole quote made me laugh "helmet lover" haha, good idea to change it! I'm now a fan of War Helmets!....I reserve the right to rescind my fanness should he be found to be War Helmets, the forger. Until then, smash that hot metal pipe and sing your ass off!
    Thanks CollectGU,helmet lover at the end of the day sounded kind of queer lol.War Helmets on the other hand is totally awesome.I wouldn't be suprised if somebody does use that name.Yeah we have a good ol time.My friend Dave is the sings and plays guitar & I play guitar.A cold beer in one hand & a country girl in the other around a bonfire under the Alabama stars with friends & 4 wheeling,priceless

I think you two should hash it out over the phone. I know many times words via a CPU or text can be taken out of context and hard to make sense. I know reading this thread spun my head.

I must say I have a picture in my head though of a random field with a bunch of hillbillies banging on hot metal, drinking beer and singing their asses off. This was worth the read.

Hope you guys figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by thesteelcurtain58 View Post
    Genius,

Just read ur post...that made me laugh. Out loud.
    The Oscar for Best Unintentional Comedy on a G/U Thread goes to...."One Dang Helmet", starring "Helmet Lover". Helmet Lover, a hobby newbie who changes his handle to "War Helmets" after being cyberbullied over his name, goes up against the King of G/U, the Jack Lambert of cyberspace, "The Curtain", in an epic legal battle. War Helmets, accused by The Curtain of forging a game-issued Walter Abercrombie helmet, proves his innocence by introducing key photo evidence of "The Forgers" smashing hot metal pipes while playing music and drinking beer with a bunch of hot babes around a campfire. War Helmets' legal strategy was devised by the "Genius", who as part of the settlement wrestles his dream jersey away from The Curtain. Genius, not named for his IQ, then drowns his sorrows in a pint of Guinness because, having finally achieved his decades-long quest, he doesn't know what to do with the rest of his life. A dog drops a Beanie Baby in his lap. Cut to credits.

Quote Originally Posted by genius View Post
    The Oscar for Best Unintentional Comedy on a G/U Thread goes to...."One Dang Helmet", starring "Helmet Lover". Helmet Lover, a hobby newbie who changes his handle to "War Helmets" after being cyberbullied over his name, goes up against the King of G/U, the Jack Lambert of cyberspace, "The Curtain", in an epic legal battle. War Helmets, accused by The Curtain of forging a game-issued Walter Abercrombie helmet, proves his innocence by introducing key photo evidence of "The Forgers" smashing hot metal pipes while playing music and drinking beer with a bunch of hot babes around a campfire. War Helmets' legal strategy was devised by the "Genius", who as part of the settlement wrestles his dream jersey away from The Curtain. Genius, not named for his IQ, then drowns his sorrows in a pint of Guinness because, having finally achieved his decades-long quest, he doesn't know what to do with the rest of his life. A dog drops a Beanie Baby in his lap. Cut to credits.
    Funny stuff Genius...I thought I had a wild imagination lol

We need to start a War Helmets fan club named..........wait for it..................War Helmet Lovers, I nominate Genius for President, all in favor say "I"...First meeting to be held in a field in Vinemont, Alabama (for directions contact steel curtain as he says it is close to Atlanta) Activities include singing, drinking, hot pipe smashing,.....and steeler and pitt helmet forging!

Quote Originally Posted by CollectGU View Post
    We need to start a War Helmets fan club named..........wait for it..................War Helmet Lovers, I nominate Genius for President, all in favor say "I"...First meeting to be held in a field in Vinemont, Alabama (for directions contact steel curtain as he says it is close to Atlanta) Activities include singing, drinking, hot pipe smashing,.....and steeler and pitt helmet forging!
    Man crushes are painful to watch.