Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

'67 Giants Jersey By McAuliffe Help?

There is a 1967 Giants home jersey for sale on e-bay (#231195078228). It is described as a San Francisco Giants game jersey worn by Bill Henry #45. It is my understanding that Rawlings manufactured the S.F. Giants road jerseys for 1967, but I don't know who manufactured about the home jerseys that year. Also Rawlings? My questions are: Is this a S.F. Giants jersey or a minor league affiliate? If it is minor league jersey, any idea what team & who might have worn #45 for the Giants in the minors in 1967? Thank you for any and all help.

Banned

Lightbulb Re: '67 Giants Jersey By McAuliffe Help?

Quote Originally Posted by mmodine View Post
    There is a 1967 Giants home jersey for sale on e-bay (#231195078228). It is described as a San Francisco Giants game jersey worn by Bill Henry #45. It is my understanding that Rawlings manufactured the S.F. Giants road jerseys for 1967, but I don't know who manufactured about the home jerseys that year. Also Rawlings? My questions are: Is this a S.F. Giants jersey or a minor league affiliate? If it is minor league jersey, any idea what team & who might have worn #45 for the Giants in the minors in 1967? Thank you for any and all help.
    It's possible...while I don't recall seeing any McAuliffe made Giants road unis, I have sporadically seen McAuliffe Giants home gamers as recent as 1975 and as far back as 1955. They were by no means the sole or even main supplier, but they did produce some here and there.

Dave Miedema

Re: '67 Giants Jersey By McAuliffe Help?

Dave, Actually McAuliffe was the main supplier for the Giants home jerseys from 1958 to 1971. The Giants was one of the few teams ordering 3 sets of jerseys each season. In the case of the home jerseys 2 of those sets came from McAuliffe and one usually came from Wilson. There was one season that the third set came from McGregor but other than that, it was McAuliffe/ Wilson until 1972 and the knit era where Wilson became the dominate supplier not only making all of the roads but 2 of the 3 home jerseys as well. This continued until 1976 where Mc Auliffe was dropped in favor of an all Wilson manufacturing set up. This continued until Rawlings took over in 1987. Also, what is this post about a jersey for sale doing in the McAuliffe jersey info section? It was created originally to educate people about Mc Auliffe jersey manfacturing processes and the availability of "aftermarket " jerseys that are all over the place. I guess that the forum mods are on vacation.

Banned

Smile Re: '67 Giants Jersey By McAuliffe Help?

Quote Originally Posted by lon lewis View Post
    Dave, Actually McAuliffe was the main supplier for the Giants home jerseys from 1958 to 1971. The Giants was one of the few teams ordering 3 sets of jerseys each season. In the case of the home jerseys 2 of those sets came from McAuliffe and one usually came from Wilson. There was one season that the third set came from McGregor but other than that, it was McAuliffe/ Wilson until 1972 and the knit era where Wilson became the dominate supplier not only making all of the roads but 2 of the 3 home jerseys as well. This continued until 1976 where Mc Auliffe was dropped in favor of an all Wilson manufacturing set up. This continued until Rawlings took over in 1987. Also, what is this post about a jersey for sale doing in the McAuliffe jersey info section? It was created originally to educate people about Mc Auliffe jersey manfacturing processes and the availability of "aftermarket " jerseys that are all over the place. I guess that the forum mods are on vacation.
    Lon...thanks for the additional information. I recall once having a McAuliffe 1975 home of the late Jake Brown in my collection that I got straight from the team.

Dave M.