Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Billy Cox H4 Bats

Could you tell me what the order records show for Billy Cox H4 bats 1950-60 but since he he retired in 1955. Up to then. I believe he had a signature model Bill Cox.Any help would be deeply appreciated.Any idea how rare they are ???

Re: Billy Cox H4 Bats

Sorry, but we do not have Billy Cox' personal H & B records to specifically pinpoint his use of that model nbetween 1950 and 1955. It is known that Model H4 was originally manufactured to the specifications of Chick Hafey on 4/25/1928. "His (Hafey's) 4-25-28" was assigned Model Number H4 sometime around 4/4/1942.

I do not know when Cox signed his first contract with H & B, however a review of the Dodger N.L. Championship bats and World Champs bats could narrow the period. At a quick glance I noted that his name is in script on the 1953 N.L. Champs bat, indicating that his contract was already in place (he was already a 13 year veteran by then.)

Finally, additional models seen with Cox signature include C165, F3, F4, G69L, and H117L in addition to H4.

Good Luck in future collecting.

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

Mike,Thanks as always for all your help. One last question does the facsimile signature on the 1953 Champions bat read Bill Cox or Billy Cox,just curious,Thanks again???

This was just a quick look at Ebay -- not a sophisticated search through Getty, past catalogs, or my own collection (unfortunately.) Anyway, here is the link -- the third photo shown a script " Bill Cox ."

http://cgi.ebay.com/1953-Brooklyn-Do...QQcmdZViewItem

Earlier Dodger black bats can probably be found in past auction house results fairly easily.

Good Luck.

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

Mike,thanks as always you are most helpful and all of us bat collectors owe you a debt of gratitude.Ray