Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

MLB game used cleats

Quick question for all collectors of game used memorbilia I am a big collector of Yankees game used cleats my question is how many pairs do a player approximately use in a season
    Thanks guys
    Sal bronxbombers1

Re: MLB game used cleats

Quote Originally Posted by BRONXBOMBERS1 View Post
    Quick question for all collectors of game used memorbilia I am a big collector of Yankees game used cleats my question is how many pairs do a player approximately use in a season
    Thanks guys
    Sal bronxbombers1
    Based upon Miguel Cabrera, I'd estimate that players change their cleats every 15-20 games, with two or three pairs used in each of those rotations, so 16-30 a season?

Quote Originally Posted by danesei@yahoo.com View Post
    Based upon Miguel Cabrera, I'd estimate that players change their cleats every 15-20 games, with two or three pairs used in each of those rotations, so 16-30 a season?
    Judging by the amount you see on the market that seems like a steep estimate. Where do they all go?

Though I will say bigger stars go through more than others.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsontravis@ymail.com View Post
    Judging by the amount you see on the market that seems like a steep estimate. Where do they all go?

Though I will say bigger stars go through more than others.
    I would assume that a large number of them end up in the trash or donated to a local charity/thrift. Not all items go to dealers/MLB. Some get donated and some are kept by the players/friends. Oh, and the 16-30 includes all types of cleats (spikes, turf shoes, etc). I guess if you only count batting cleats, then the range drops to 8-10 per season.

I asked Neil Walker and he said they change about every 10 games ... I am also a cleat collector (Pirates) .. and just a tip , they display great in the IKEA Detolf cases !!

Hey guys thanks for replying to my question very much appreciated
    Yes I too heard around 8-10 I had also heard 6-8 but whatever it is I feel I'm sure you all will too I feel they are the rarest piece of equipment to collect from players I had Tino Martinez sign a game used pair from 2000 and he said wow usually you see bats hats jerseys but cleats and gloves I rarely see so I though that was pretty intresting
    And Mark Texieria recognized the game used cleats I made him sign he said I remember those I remember those I wore these in 2009 he was right and he signed them that way as well
    Don Mattingly was also there and was waiting for me to give him a pair of cleats he said hey what about me I said I'm sorry sir but I'm trying to get a pair of your cleats but I haven't located a pair yet I said sure we will cross paths again hey he shook my hand and said I'm sure we will great day at the Steiner signing

Going to check out the cases in ikea as well I display them in a glass basketball octogon case the rest I am waiting to purchase another curio 50x80 to display my game used cleats batting gloves hats and baseballs

Yes I too heard around 8-10 I had also heard 6-8 but whatever it is I feel I'm sure you all will too I feel they are the rarest piece of equipment to collect from players
    I still think that distinction belongs to fielding gloves.

Going to check out the cases in ikea as well I display them in a glass basketball octogon case the rest I am waiting to purchase another curio 50x80 to display my game used cleats batting gloves hats and baseballs

You can only display 4 pairs per case ... I keep trying to get a good picture of mine , but they are in a dark corner of my room. Here is what they look like

The Fabrikor case by Ikea is nice. It holds 6 helmets or 6 pairs of cleats or a mix.

- CINCINNATI REDS/JOEY VOTTO BATS
    Email: rdeversole@gmail.com Twitter: @dugoutrelics