Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Legendary Maddux Jersey

Can you post photos of the back of the jersey? Otherwise no one will be able to answer your questions. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chess2899 View Post

I would like your opinions for the following:
    1. Are the Mastro 2006 and Legendary 2014 the same jersey?
    2. Do either match the Getty pictures? Look at the spacing in the "A"
    3. Do you like having a receipt from the Braves with no player name documented?
    4. Did Legendary demonstrate due diligence in offering this jersey?

Should they do the right thing and refund my money, I will let everyone know and will continue to use them. Should they continue to refuse a refund, then we shall see.......................

I appreciate any input. Thank you in advance.

Joe
    sentefjoemd@aol.com
    I pulled out my catalog and here are my thoughts:

1. The two jerseys could be the same. Very close. Only possible differences I see are the alignment of nameplate on Legendary jersey appears to start further left, and there may be more space between the "M" and the "A".

2. I don't believe it is a photo match, but the auction description doesn't claim it is a photo match, only an example of non-arched lettering.

3. A receipt with more specificity would of course be preferable, but you were provided with a receipt from Braves, which is all the auction description states.

4. I am not sure what Legendary didn't do that you were expecting. Jerseys from the 1980s and 1990s, as you know, can vary quite a bit. I've seen Bo Jackson photos of him wearing jerseys with the nameplate "Jackson," "B Jackson" and "Jackson B." Many here claimed the "Jackson B" was an obvious fake, and that was never rebutted, but I have a game photo of him in that jersey.

Are you claiming that you never saw that back of the jersey before bidding on it? I have the auction catalog and the photos of the front and back are right there. I am almost certain they were online as well; just reduced post-auction. I've seen this a lot when diligencing items.

I've had issues with several auction houses, but always managed to take care of things behind the scenes. My advice would be to continue discussions privately, although I'm not quite sure what the basis is for your refund claim. Is it that the nameplate was restitched?

Quote Originally Posted by esquiresports View Post
    I pulled out my catalog and here are my thoughts:

1. The two jerseys could be the same. Very close. Only possible differences I see are the alignment of nameplate on Legendary jersey appears to start further left, and there may be more space between the "M" and the "A".

2. I don't believe it is a photo match, but the auction description doesn't claim it is a photo match, only an example of non-arched lettering.

3. A receipt with more specificity would of course be preferable, but you were provided with a receipt from Braves, which is all the auction description states.

4. I am not sure what Legendary didn't do that you were expecting. Jerseys from the 1980s and 1990s, as you know, can vary quite a bit. I've seen Bo Jackson photos of him wearing jerseys with the nameplate "Jackson," "B Jackson" and "Jackson B." Many here claimed the "Jackson B" was an obvious fake, and that was never rebutted, but I have a game photo of him in that jersey.

Are you claiming that you never saw that back of the jersey before bidding on it? I have the auction catalog and the photos of the front and back are right there. I am almost certain they were online as well; just reduced post-auction. I've seen this a lot when diligencing items.

I've had issues with several auction houses, but always managed to take care of things behind the scenes. My advice would be to continue discussions privately, although I'm not quite sure what the basis is for your refund claim. Is it that the nameplate was restitched?
    The stitch marks are on the inside of the jersey. It is a different nameplate. I know who the consigner is. Legendary has agreed to refund me for the jersey. I applaud their final decision.

Banned

+1 Congrats!

I'm glad it worked out. I'm relatively new to memorabilia collecting (just a few years), but for all the abuse the AHs seem to take, they sure seem to step up. These guys handle so many items there are bound to be questionable items that make it in. I don't hold it against them unless it's obvious. Seems like most of the horror stories are years old, which is nice to see.