Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

What's it worth? Frank Thomas rookie cap

Now that I had my Frank Thomas 1990 rookie game worn hat authenticated by 2 seperate persons and that Frank also confirmed it was his Rookie worn hat, what do the members think it's value could be for insurance purposes?

I have never seen a game worn rookie hat of a Hall of Famer so I have no idea on its value. Thanks

Re: What's it worth? Frank Thomas rookie cap

600-800, my guess
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
    My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
    My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

Quote Originally Posted by spartanservitto View Post
    600-800, my guess
    Wow.. I would think a rookie HOF hat would be worth more. Interesting

How much is a rookie bat worth probably 900-1100, and hats are generally worth less unless there is some in game significance, given it's a rookie hat, definitely a premium.

A regular frank bat is between 350-500- therefore a regular hat is probably 250-350 just because they are little rarer, that's a 100 percent premium on a documented rookie hat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto

I would tend to agree with spartanservitto. Look at what his rookie bats go for and take a little off. The hat may be more rare but you have less collectors for it.
    For me, I like the rarest item I can find no matter the value. So I would buy the hat before a bat. But most collectors would rather have a bat I would assume based on watching collectors interest over the years.

I was actually figuring around $500 for it so $600-$800 is higher than I would value it. It is ultimately worth what someone is willing to pay.
    My value is biased because I could not see paying more than $500 for it. But someone else may value it at much more.

Banned

$300-$400 max

If it was a jersey...yeah, big money. Bat? That would be awesome too.

But there just aren't that many hat collectors out there. Hats are in the same category as cleats and pants (and probably somewhere between those 2 in price). Hats don't seem as personal, aren't as visually appealing, don't display well, don't have the "cool" factor, etc. that jerseys and bats do.

I know you want us to tell you that it's worth $10,000...but it's not. If you love it, then that's all that matters.

PAC,
    The only thing I disagree with is that hats, to me at least, are much easier to display than jerseys and I think they display very well.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PAC View Post
    $300-$400 max

If it was a jersey...yeah, big money. Bat? That would be awesome too.

But there just aren't that many hat collectors out there. Hats are in the same category as cleats and pants (and probably somewhere between those 2 in price). Hats don't seem as personal, aren't as visually appealing, don't display well, don't have the "cool" factor, etc. that jerseys and bats do.

I know you want us to tell you that it's worth $10,000...but it's not. If you love it, then that's all that matters.
    Very well said and I agree.

I guess I premiumed based on the big hurt authenticating- but I agree with every follow up , my guess was a little high.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tony Servitto

Who do you compare Frank Thomas with to come up with a price?

If you look at his stats he was a beast. He accomplished a lot in his career. He did not however break any major records like a Cal Ripken or even Barry Bonds.

He supposedly never used steroids in an era that it with prevalent in and put up huge numbers.

Who knows. Personally if I was gonna value the hat I would put a 750 to 800 price tag on it. It has a great story behind it, it's authenticated by PSA/DNA, authenticated by Frank himself, rookie hat and is signed 2 times.

In the end it is worth what someone will pay for it. Nothing more nothing less.

It is a great piece and hopefully you will never have to sell it.