Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Newport Sports Museum Collection-NBA Game Used Jerseys

I had the opportunity to visit the museum when Goldin and Chris Cavalier displayed some of the Kobe Bryant items they had for auction there. It was great meeting Chris and it turned out we have a mutual friend. I can't speak to the authenticity of any of the auction items, but it was pretty amazing to walk around the museum, which happens to be on the same street as my office. Almost countless jerseys on display and tons of interesting artifacts. I would definitely spend time researching any item you might be interested in, as I would suggest in any auction.

Quote Originally Posted by esquiresports View Post
    I had the opportunity to visit the museum when Goldin and Chris Cavalier displayed some of the Kobe Bryant items they had for auction there. It was great meeting Chris and it turned out we have a mutual friend. I can't speak to the authenticity of any of the auction items, but it was pretty amazing to walk around the museum, which happens to be on the same street as my office. Almost countless jerseys on display and tons of interesting artifacts. I would definitely spend time researching any item you might be interested in, as I would suggest in any auction.
    Yes indeed Scott, it was an absolute pleasure meeting you there and learning how much of a seasoned collector you are. Also, it was very ironic that you used to work with one of my best friends from college. Very small world!!

-Chris
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Quote Originally Posted by esquiresports View Post
    1. Was the collection equal in terms of # of items? Or was it heavy in some areas and lift in others?

2. Any items stand out?
    Ryan

NFL game used collector

Seasoned only in the sense of falling hard for memorabilia. I still have much to learn.

As for the museum, it was a pretty solid cross-section of sports. By quantity it was probably baseball, football, basketball, hockey. There was also golf, etc. There is a skew toward Southern California teams. HOFers in all sports. I recall basketball being particularly impressive, and there is even an indoor court there.

Yeah they have some jerseys I'd really be interested in, but I don't know enough about 90's NBA Gamers so I'd be worried I'd be buying a team issued non game used one.