Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This guy must be out of his mind if he thinks his collection is worth this much !!!!

I'm praying that this guy is not a member here !!!!!

He said a little league bat signed by joey D = $20,000 ?!?!?!?!

Good for a couple of laughs ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTXXy8IrdGc

What do you guys think

Re: This guy must be out of his mind if he thinks his collection is worth this much !!!!

Hes in for a huge shock if he decides to sell his collection. $60,000 for a signed Pop Lloyd ball?

Banned

Re: This guy must be out of his mind if he thinks his collection is worth this much !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim65 View Post
    Hes in for a huge shock if he decides to sell his collection. $60,000 for a signed Pop Lloyd ball?
    And he has "about 3" of them.

LOL at the Joe DiMaggio signed bat being authenticated "by the FBI."

Sad part is this guy is totally serious.

Unfortunate. What's the bat worth (assuming the sig is correct) -$100?
    WANTED -1977 Toronto Blue Jays game jersey

chris@pacmedia.ca

Quote Originally Posted by PAC View Post
    And he has "about 3" of them.

LOL at the Joe DiMaggio signed bat being authenticated "by the FBI."

Sad part is this guy is totally serious.
    Even funnier is that he claims the bat has Joes DNA on it. Maybe it was used in a crime.

Reminds me of a fellow I met at who owns a collectables shop here in a small Alberta town that has a bunch of antique/second hand stores. First time I walked in we struck up a conversation when I asked him if he had any sporting items for sale. He said no, as he collected them extensively for himself.

We chatted about his collection and he mentioned that he had a Babe Ruth signed ball...well actually, something more valuable than that, a ball signed by the Babe's wife! I mentioned that quite a few ball were singed by Claire, especially in the Babe's last days and while interesting, they were not worth much and compared to an authenticated Babe signed sphere they paled.

He disagreed and said the Claire singed balls were worth $10K or more in mint shape. I disagreed and he stood his ground. I pulled up my phone to show him some examples and he disregarded them all. He really couldn't understand that a collector wouldn't pay more for a ball signed by the wife of a celebrity vs the actual celebrity.

I left when he started to tell me about his TZ008 collection of cards! No clue. The best part for me was after I left his store and walked directly across the street, I found an old O-Pee-Chee 1930's hockey mail in spinner game for $17. Classic auctions in Montreal just sold one in the fall for $800. It was under this astute collectors nose and he didn't notice it.
    WANTED -1977 Toronto Blue Jays game jersey

chris@pacmedia.ca

I would love to hear more about the FBI authentication service. Is this paid for my tax payers? Lol
    Ryan

NFL game used collector

I started watching the video, but had to turn it off. When he started talking about the FBI authenticating the bat like others have mentioned it just got a little crazy for me. Props to him though, if he loves it all, thats all that matters. He will be up for an ugly awakening if he does try to sell it all though.

Quote Originally Posted by ivo610 View Post
    I would love to hear more about the FBI authentication service. Is this paid for my tax payers? Lol
    With how much our govt spends, it wouldn't surprise me if there was an FBI Authentication service

Imagine how much he's paying for insurance.....he mentions his insurance agent told him his collection is worth over a million....the agent is probably inflating everything to rip him off of the premiums. Imagine putting a claim in for a $60K ball? crazy

Although I want to know If the FBI does house calls for their authentication lol