Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Pujols hits HR #500

Congrats to The Machine!

Re: Pujols hits HR #500

He's a heck of a player. Hopefully he can regain his health and put together another three or four strong seasons.

What would do with the ball if you caught it?
    Give it to Albert? Keep it for your collection? Put it into Goldin's July Auction?

Smile Re: Pujols hits HR #500

Wow.... How quickly time has gone since Albert hit HR #1 on April 6, 2001. I thought I would share the line-up card from Albert's first HR of his career.

Thank you,

Karl

I was fortunate to have been there to see Albert do this and videotape both 499 and 500

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0qOPwLjnrw

I was also there on August 26, 2010 when Albert hit #400.

I think the odds were about 9800 to 1 of the chances of him hitting both HRs in Nationals Park and he is the 1st 500 HR club member who hit #400 and #500 in the same "road" park. The chances of me randomly being there to see both are even greater odds since I don't go to every game.

I've certainly seen my share of other Pujols HRs in person as I've seen him in old Busch, new Busch and the Nats original venue at RFK Stadium. I actually helped a collector with game tickets every time Pujols hit a HR as a Cardinal and I would estimate I have probably seen at least 10 of Pujols HRs in person.

Unfortunately Nats Park is now ticketless if you are a Season Ticket Holder so I don't have ticket stubs from last nights game but I do have my photos, videos and memories.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by kwitzel View Post
    Wow.... How quickly time has gone since Albert hit HR #1 on April 6, 2001. I thought I would share the line-up card from Albert's first HR of his career.

Thank you,

Karl
    Karl, good to see you over here! I tried to email you and your old Earthlink account bounced back. Send me an email so I can update!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quite the accomplishment for Pujols! Andrew, that's awesome that you got to be there for those HR's as well! Memories are probably the best thing you can have. They last forever!

Exclamation Re: Pujols hits HR #500

I respect Albert for his accomplishment, but he is one of the biggest jerks in the game. I do have a $5 ticket stub from the game, albeit slightly wrinkled. Any offers?

Congrats to the greatest and most consistent player of the post hank aaron era.
    ( " steroid free " if refer to, as Bonds will always be the greatest post ruth hitter)
    Hopefully Albert stays healthy and can get to 700