Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Email Exchange Courtesy

Hey guys just wanted to see how you all feel about this topic. I realize it may seem a bit petty but it's happened to me on enough occasions that it irks me.

Whenever someone emails me about a game used item, be it to ask about buying it, wanting to know more info, etc. I always answer the email and do my best provide the best information. What irks me, is that at times once you answer that first email most folks never reply back even with a simple thank you. The most upsetting part is that most often times the initial email is the emailer asking for something. To me it's just a simple notion of common courtesy, if you ask for something of someone have the decency to thank them after you have received your response.

Am I wrong in expecting a follow up response after I have provide a reply to an email? (Which most often is in response to someone contacting me and asking me about an item)

Lastly this post is not directed at anyone in particular as I have had the scenario happen to me on several occasions... But if the shoe fits, run a marathon in it

Re: Email Exchange Courtesy

You should try listing a bunch of items for sale so people can email you for photos and then ignore you after you send them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier39 View Post
    You should try listing a bunch of items for sale so people can email you for photos and then ignore you after you send them.
    I can imagine that must be frustrating as well.

I don't get upset at the ones who ask about an item and then never hear back. They should say thanks but I have learned to ignore it.

I get upset at the ones who ask about it and email you back saying something like "I will let you know tomorrow." and then nothing.

I have one right now that did that to me 3 days ago. I will let you know in the morning he said. And nothing since.
    That is after me sending more pics and doing everything to please him.

Some people are just rude and maybe they were not brought up to be respectful.

Quote Originally Posted by MarlinsFan1993 View Post
    Hey guys just wanted to see how you all feel about this topic. I realize it may seem a bit petty but it's happened to me on enough occasions that it irks me.

Whenever someone emails me about a game used item, be it to ask about buying it, wanting to know more info, etc. I always answer the email and do my best provide the best information. What irks me, is that at times once you answer that first email most folks never reply back even with a simple thank you. The most upsetting part is that most often times the initial email is the emailer asking for something. To me it's just a simple notion of common courtesy, if you ask for something of someone have the decency to thank them after you have received your response.

Am I wrong in expecting a follow up response after I have provide a reply to an email? (Which most often is in response to someone contacting me and asking me about an item)

Lastly this post is not directed at anyone in particular as I have had the scenario happen to me on several occasions... But if the shoe fits, run a marathon in it
    Esteban,

I agree with you 100%. It's a simple, common courtesy. If nothing else, it is letting the other person know that you received the information, photos, etc. Seems so easy to send a quick reply such as "Thanks", "Got it", etc., especially if you are the person asking for the information in the first place.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange

It's completely ok the expect a reply. Not getting one to me is like holding the door for someone and not getting a thank, or letting someone get in front of you in traffic and not even getting a wave back. I'm not sure how people live that way. Saying thank you and being kind is easy, and feels good for both parties. But there's nothing you can do about it, unfortunately.

I don't see it as a big deal and don't care if someone does or doesn't respond with a thank you.

I hate when you ask a seller a question and they ignore you , I am wanting to give the seller my money , so I expect a responce also !

Quote Originally Posted by G1X View Post
    Esteban,

I agree with you 100%. It's a simple, common courtesy. If nothing else, it is letting the other person know that you received the information, photos, etc. Seems so easy to send a quick reply such as "Thanks", "Got it", etc., especially if you are the person asking for the information in the first place.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    Mark, I couldn't have said it better myself. Its not even just about the thank you its the simple acknowledgment of hey I contacted you about something, you provided a response and a follow up to let you know that I received your response. The "best" are when someone asks for me to try and help them locate an item, I say I will do my so, and then I never hear back. Guess what happens if I do come across that item...

Banned

How about the ones who email you back and forth for DAYS...asking for pics, measurements, more pics, question after question, even more pics...tell you they want it...ask you to hold it until payday...then they go AWOL. After wasting hours of your time. Those are the best ones.