Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

George Springer MLB Debut Jersey going for $5,000

It's on MLB Auctions and going for $5,000. It's crazy. Considering how bad the Astros are I can't imagine the jersey going for that much. You could not get $5,000 for a Bagwell or Biggio jersey these days. I know he is basically looked at as going to be one of the saviors of the franchise and best talent since Lance Berkman in 1999. Crazy thing is if you put in the info in the database, it comes up the 6th-11th inning jersey. He wore two jerseys or more that day. Description makes no reference of this.
    George Springer wore this jersey during his major league debut on April 16, 2014 at Minute Maid Park. It was MLB authenticated immediately after the Astros-Royals game. Springer was 1 for 5 with a run scored, 1 walk and 2 strikeouts in his first big league game.
    Session Name: KC AT HOU
    Session Date: April 16, 2014
    Autographer:
    Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
    Additional Information: #4 GEORGE SPRINGER JERSEY WORN BOTTOM OF 6TH THRU BOTTOM OF 11TH INNINGS DURING ML DEBUT
    Hope the bidders know this and take it into consideration while bidding
    http://tinyurl.com/ljwggqw

Re: George Springer MLB Debut Jersey going for $5,000

Milwaukee Brewers also made their rule 5 draft LHP Wei-Chung Wang wore more than one jersey during the opening day this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaHater View Post
    It's on MLB Auctions and going for $5,000. It's crazy. Considering how bad the Astros are I can't imagine the jersey going for that much. You could not get $5,000 for a Bagwell or Biggio jersey these days. I know he is basically looked at as going to be one of the saviors of the franchise and best talent since Lance Berkman in 1999. Crazy thing is if you put in the info in the database, it comes up the 6th-11th inning jersey. He wore two jerseys or more that day. Description makes no reference of this.
    Hope the bidders know this and take it into consideration while bidding
    http://tinyurl.com/ljwggqw

Someone has more money than sense.

Thanks for your astute observation about the Springer jersey; I just assumed that George had only worn one shirt in his first game. Perhaps the club wanted to keep one.

It is amazing how much money people are willing to pay for prospect and young player jerseys. I remember a few years ago, when Dustin Ackley shirts were fetching $3,000+ at auction. This last FanFest, I got an Ackley gamer for under $200, IIRC. And it was pounded, to boot.

Personally, I would rather pay for established player jerseys. Plus, $5,000 is an absolute joke for a player hitting .171 before tonight's game.

I could understand paying high prices for a rookie that looks like he has it all together, a la Mike Trout a couple of years back. But, I just watched Springer play three games, and I came away unimpressed. I'm no scout, but George seemed to be swinging too hard and fouling off pitches he should have been driving.

I wish Springer the best of luck, but I would never pay that much for a jersey of a player with so much to prove.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Never mind he is a 24 year old rookie. His chances of putting up HOF type numbers are next to zero.

Banned

Smile Re: George Springer MLB Debut Jersey going for $5,000

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    Thanks for your astute observation about the Springer jersey; I just assumed that George had only worn one shirt in his first game. Perhaps the club wanted to keep one.

It is amazing how much money people are willing to pay for prospect and young player jerseys. I remember a few years ago, when Dustin Ackley shirts were fetching $3,000+ at auction. This last FanFest, I got an Ackley gamer for under $200, IIRC. And it was pounded, to boot.

Personally, I would rather pay for established player jerseys. Plus, $5,000 is an absolute joke for a player hitting .171 before tonight's game.

I could understand paying high prices for a rookie that looks like he has it all together, a la Mike Trout a couple of years back. But, I just watched Springer play three games, and I came away unimpressed. I'm no scout, but George seemed to be swinging too hard and fouling off pitches he should have been driving.

I wish Springer the best of luck, but I would never pay that much for a jersey of a player with so much to prove.
    I'm in total agreement.

Dave Miedema

Who??????

http://auctions.mlb.com/iSynApp/auct...st1=astros&&qt[0].type=fieldmatch&qt[0].name=title&qt[0].value1=george+springer

WOW.......with 7 days left! I like watching this kid but I must be missing something.
    5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

It's super rare to get a top prospects jersey which has to add to the value of that jersey. Yes, a little disappointing that he only wore this one for part of the game so technically it's the 2nd MLB jersey he wore.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    It's super rare to get a top prospects jersey which has to add to the value of that jersey. Yes, a little disappointing that he only wore this one for part of the game so technically it's the 2nd MLB jersey he wore.
    I meant to say super rare to get a top prospects "debut" jersey.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500