Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Goldin Auctions- what did you get???

I got gold packaging for my item to be shipped in. That's why I am paying $24 right?

I got the 1990 Strawberry gamer. Really wanted the 86 one but it was out of my range. Looking for the elusive Dykstra.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsontravis@ymail.com View Post
    I got gold packaging for my item to be shipped in. That's why I am paying $24 right?
    That's any auction house you go. That also includes insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier39 View Post
    That's any auction house you go. That also includes insurance.
    Not any auction house. There are a handful (three?) that charge actual shipping and insurance fees. I think my shipping bill for Goldin is $65 for the single lot I won. $95 BP, $65 insurance... $160 *poof*.

Dane
    Why don't you go to FedEx website and look at the cost to send a bat from NJ to hawaii
    Your insurance was $8

Well, I'm paying $42 plus $8 insurance to ship the jersey to HI. but the last time I purchased a jersey from Goldin it was packed really well in a big box so no complaints. I'd rather pay a little more and be assured of a safe arrival than have them pack it in the smallest package possible.

Quote Originally Posted by 42itus View Post
    Well, I'm paying $42 plus $8 insurance to ship the jersey to HI. but the last time I purchased a jersey from Goldin it was packed really well in a big box so no complaints. I'd rather pay a little more and be assured of a safe arrival than have them pack it in the smallest package possible.
    You are right there. MLB Auctions makes me want to puke. I have never heard of good packaging from any team. Just throw it in a box in a team store bag and I guess that is good enough to them.

Quote Originally Posted by danesei@yahoo.com View Post
    Not any auction house. There are a handful (three?) that charge actual shipping and insurance fees. I think my shipping bill for Goldin is $65 for the single lot I won. $95 BP, $65 insurance... $160 *poof*.
    -JUST FOR THE RECORD....
    see below.
    HW is an expensive ship (there is no "ground" option) and no, when you ship 1000+ packages at once, you really cant use 3 different services. Thus far fedex has NOT LOST A SINGLE PACKAGE WE HAVE SHIPPED SINCE WE HAVE BEEN RUNNING AUCTIONS.
    in #9 in our rules, under shipping, it states we use fedex and require tracking.

https://www.fedex.com/ratefinder/sta...ultSummaryPage
    1. Ship From / To

Help Edit From: West berlin, 08091, United States | To: Honolulu, 96821, United States on April 28, 2014. 2. Package and Shipment Details

Help Edit Package Details: 1 package, 5.00 lbs, FedEx Medium Box, 600.00 USD. 3. Special Services Options

Help Edit Special services: Direct signature required 4. Rates and Transit Times

Help Amounts are shown in USDSelect Delivery Date/Time Service Rates Same day in shortest time possible. Call 1·800·Go·FedEx for availability and rate. FedEx Same Day® Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:00 PM FedEx Priority Overnight® 114.03 Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:30 PM FedEx 2Day® 67.94 FedEx measurement tools Currency Converter

Quote Originally Posted by 42itus View Post
    I got the 1990 Strawberry gamer. Really wanted the 86 one but it was out of my range. Looking for the elusive Dykstra.
    The '86 is worth $3000 and sold for $1180, which is a joke.

Thanks for posting my zipcode. Hah hah.

Anyway, I received an email from Tina this morning (just got around to checking everything) that Goldin is going to eat a significant portion of the shipping cost for me, so the shipping will be only $37.75. I think that's terrific customer service on their part.