Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Goldin Auctions- what did you get???

Quote Originally Posted by KGoldin View Post
    Dane
    Why don't you go to FedEx website and look at the cost to send a bat from NJ to hawaii
    Your insurance was $8
    Yes, sorry about that. I just saw what I wrote. Apparently, the "shipping + $8" got erased between "$65" and "insurance" on the post. I've been having random issues with my touchpad and cursor erasing text when I don't pay attention, so this doesn't surprise me. I do apologize for the misinformation/miscommunication, as that wasn't my intent.

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    Speaking of Goldin auctions, who pays $3,900 for a Bernie Williams bat, $2,900 for a Jorge Posada and $1,000 for a Scott Brosius. Do these people bidding not know what items are worth?
    I'm not going to complain, that Brosius bat was mine. And Mr Masi, guessing all good with your Posada sale?

Quote Originally Posted by danesei@yahoo.com View Post
    Thanks for posting my zipcode. Hah hah.

Anyway, I received an email from Tina this morning (just got around to checking everything) that Goldin is going to eat a significant portion of the shipping cost for me, so the shipping will be only $37.75. I think that's terrific customer service on their part.
    Of course they are going to eat some of the cost. You called them out on a public forum when you should've known or had some sort of idea how much shipping and insurance would cost to send to Honolulu in the first place.

Come on rookie....

Quote Originally Posted by gorilla777 View Post
    I'm not going to complain, that Brosius bat was mine. And Mr Masi, guessing all good with your Posada sale?
    Yea, I am was very pleasantly surprised with what my Posada bat went for. Especially considering there were 2 other Posada bats in the auction. I guess the World Series years are really carrying a premium.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Masimen View Post
    Yea, I am was very pleasantly surprised with what my Posada bat went for. Especially considering there were 2 other Posada bats in the auction. I guess the World Series years are really carrying a premium.
    Congrats Steve.
    My Posasda was from their first WS year and with his rookie number that he wore for all of 8 games. Light but definite use. Strange how little interest there was for possibly the earliest Posada bat and the descrepency in prices between yours and the GU 9. I'm assuming a couple people were able to match yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Nnunnari View Post
    Congrats Steve.
    My Posasda was from their first WS year and with his rookie number that he wore for all of 8 games. Light but definite use. Strange how little interest there was for possibly the earliest Posada bat and the descrepency in prices between yours and the GU 9. I'm assuming a couple people were able to match yours?
    Nick, you got a steal. I would have gone for the rookie year if I collected Posada.
    Congrats to both of you!

No, Nick was the seller of a Posada bat, like Steve

Banned

I got robbed, not a steal-kidding. It's a total crap shoot when consigning, that's part of the thrill. Unless you are Ben, then you are guaranteed to break records when selling.

I was thrilled to pick up the 'Glory of Their Times'-related player letters and checks. I collect handwritten letters by pre-wwi players, so some of these fit my collection very well.

I especially like these:
    Attached Images Attached Images    

I got this:

I don't want to keep both items, and I'm definitely going to sell one of them. Part of me says the cleats, since they're so bulky, but that leaves me with a broken bat. :P Or, I could sell the bat (since I already have a 2007 blonde gamer that isn't broken) and work toward collecting a full set of 2007 Votto game items. Lots of possibilities with this one.

The two items come from the Ryans. I forget who had which, but at some point one Ryan posted the cleats and the other posted the bat. I recall when the bat was posted that it was in two pieces... now it's glued, which takes some of the fun out of having a broken bat. :P