Goldin Auctions- what did you get???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 42itus
    • Feb 2013

Re: Goldin Auctions- what did you get???

Well, I'm paying $42 plus $8 insurance to ship the jersey to HI. but the last time I purchased a jersey from Goldin it was packed really well in a big box so no complaints. I'd rather pay a little more and be assured of a safe arrival than have them pack it in the smallest package possible.

Comment

• johnsontravis@ymail.com
      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by 42itus
      Well, I'm paying $42 plus $8 insurance to ship the jersey to HI. but the last time I purchased a jersey from Goldin it was packed really well in a big box so no complaints. I'd rather pay a little more and be assured of a safe arrival than have them pack it in the smallest package possible.
      You are right there. MLB Auctions makes me want to puke. I have never heard of good packaging from any team. Just throw it in a box in a team store bag and I guess that is good enough to them.

Comment

• KGoldin
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by danesei@yahoo.com
        Not any auction house. There are a handful (three?) that charge actual shipping and insurance fees. I think my shipping bill for Goldin is $65 for the single lot I won. $95 BP, $65 insurance... $160 *poof*.
        -JUST FOR THE RECORD....
        see below.
        HW is an expensive ship (there is no "ground" option) and no, when you ship 1000+ packages at once, you really cant use 3 different services. Thus far fedex has NOT LOST A SINGLE PACKAGE WE HAVE SHIPPED SINCE WE HAVE BEEN RUNNING AUCTIONS.
        in #9 in our rules, under shipping, it states we use fedex and require tracking.

Use the FedEx Shipping Calculator for estimated shipping costs based on details, such as shipment origin, destination, date, packaging, and weight.

1. Ship From / To

Help Edit From: West berlin, 08091, United States | To: Honolulu, 96821, United States on April 28, 2014. 2. Package and Shipment Details

Help Edit Package Details: 1 package, 5.00 lbs, FedEx Medium Box, 600.00 USD. 3. Special Services Options

Help Edit Special services: Direct signature required 4. Rates and Transit Times

Help Amounts are shown in USDSelect Delivery Date/Time Service Rates Same day in shortest time possible. Call 1·800·Go·FedEx for availability and rate. FedEx Same Day® Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:00 PM FedEx Priority Overnight® 114.03 Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:30 PM FedEx 2Day® 67.94 FedEx measurement tools Currency Converter

Comment

• d4347
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by 42itus
          I got the 1990 Strawberry gamer. Really wanted the 86 one but it was out of my range. Looking for the elusive Dykstra.
          The '86 is worth $3000 and sold for $1180, which is a joke.

Comment

• danesei@yahoo.com
            • Feb 2014

Thanks for posting my zipcode. Hah hah.

Anyway, I received an email from Tina this morning (just got around to checking everything) that Goldin is going to eat a significant portion of the shipping cost for me, so the shipping will be only $37.75. I think that's terrific customer service on their part.

Comment

• danesei@yahoo.com
              • Feb 2014

Originally posted by KGoldin
              Dane
              Why don't you go to FedEx website and look at the cost to send a bat from NJ to hawaii
              Your insurance was $8
              Yes, sorry about that. I just saw what I wrote. Apparently, the "shipping + $8" got erased between "$65" and "insurance" on the post. I've been having random issues with my touchpad and cursor erasing text when I don't pay attention, so this doesn't surprise me. I do apologize for the misinformation/miscommunication, as that wasn't my intent.

Comment

• gorilla777
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by yanks12025
                Speaking of Goldin auctions, who pays $3,900 for a Bernie Williams bat, $2,900 for a Jorge Posada and $1,000 for a Scott Brosius. Do these people bidding not know what items are worth?
                I'm not going to complain, that Brosius bat was mine. And Mr Masi, guessing all good with your Posada sale?

Comment

• Hoosier39
                  • Jul 2013

Originally posted by danesei@yahoo.com
                  Thanks for posting my zipcode. Hah hah.

Anyway, I received an email from Tina this morning (just got around to checking everything) that Goldin is going to eat a significant portion of the shipping cost for me, so the shipping will be only $37.75. I think that's terrific customer service on their part.
                  Of course they are going to eat some of the cost. You called them out on a public forum when you should've known or had some sort of idea how much shipping and insurance would cost to send to Honolulu in the first place.

Come on rookie....

Comment

• Masimen
                    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by gorilla777
                    I'm not going to complain, that Brosius bat was mine. And Mr Masi, guessing all good with your Posada sale?
                    Yea, I am was very pleasantly surprised with what my Posada bat went for. Especially considering there were 2 other Posada bats in the auction. I guess the World Series years are really carrying a premium.

Comment

• Nnunnari
                      Banned
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Masimen
                      Yea, I am was very pleasantly surprised with what my Posada bat went for. Especially considering there were 2 other Posada bats in the auction. I guess the World Series years are really carrying a premium.
                      Congrats Steve.
                      My Posasda was from their first WS year and with his rookie number that he wore for all of 8 games. Light but definite use. Strange how little interest there was for possibly the earliest Posada bat and the descrepency in prices between yours and the GU 9. I'm assuming a couple people were able to match yours?

Comment

• Chess2899
                        • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Nnunnari
                        Congrats Steve.
                        My Posasda was from their first WS year and with his rookie number that he wore for all of 8 games. Light but definite use. Strange how little interest there was for possibly the earliest Posada bat and the descrepency in prices between yours and the GU 9. I'm assuming a couple people were able to match yours?
                        Nick, you got a steal. I would have gone for the rookie year if I collected Posada.
                        Congrats to both of you!

Comment

• gorilla777
                          • Aug 2009

No, Nick was the seller of a Posada bat, like Steve

Comment

• Nnunnari
                            Banned
                            • Sep 2006

I got robbed, not a steal-kidding. It's a total crap shoot when consigning, that's part of the thrill. Unless you are Ben, then you are guaranteed to break records when selling.

Comment

• BVC
                              • Feb 2014

I was thrilled to pick up the 'Glory of Their Times'-related player letters and checks. I collect handwritten letters by pre-wwi players, so some of these fit my collection very well.

I especially like these:
                              Attached Files

Comment

• danesei@yahoo.com
                                • Feb 2014

I got this:

I don't want to keep both items, and I'm definitely going to sell one of them. Part of me says the cleats, since they're so bulky, but that leaves me with a broken bat. :P Or, I could sell the bat (since I already have a 2007 blonde gamer that isn't broken) and work toward collecting a full set of 2007 Votto game items. Lots of possibilities with this one.

The two items come from the Ryans. I forget who had which, but at some point one Ryan posted the cleats and the other posted the bat. I recall when the bat was posted that it was in two pieces... now it's glued, which takes some of the fun out of having a broken bat. :P

Comment

Working...