Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Goldin Auctions- what did you get???

I got a mlb/Steiner 2012 Cano home jersey! I got outbid on a lot of stuff. Oh well, my car seats wouldn't fit in the Aston Martin anyways. Happy to use the $200 credit I won from them. What did you get?

Re: Goldin Auctions- what did you get???

Speaking of Goldin auctions, who pays $3,900 for a Bernie Williams bat, $2,900 for a Jorge Posada and $1,000 for a Scott Brosius. Do these people bidding not know what items are worth?

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    Speaking of Goldin auctions, who pays $3,900 for a Bernie Williams bat, $2,900 for a Jorge Posada and $1,000 for a Scott Brosius. Do these people bidding not know what items are worth?
    No LOL.

I thought I got bargains with the above items. Oh well, at least I didn't blow over $9000 on a Maddux jersey like that one goober did.

Things are worth what people will pay for them. If there was a bat that I wanted really bad, I would over pay for it. The guy who spent close to $200,000 for Jeter's rookie World Series bat needed to get it for himself. I couldn't care less about Jeter. I wouldn't have paid $5000 for his rookie bat. But he did, and that makes him happy.
    I don't collect for investment. I collect my favorite players for enjoyment. I won't sell my favorite players' jerseys even if I can double my spent monies. I collect for the love of the game and associated memories that come with it. I consider that "priceless."

Quote Originally Posted by Chess2899 View Post
    I thought I got bargains with the above items. Oh well, at least I didn't blow over $9000 on a Maddux jersey like that one goober did.

Things are worth what people will pay for them. If there was a bat that I wanted really bad, I would over pay for it. The guy who spent close to $200,000 for Jeter's rookie World Series bat needed to get it for himself. I couldn't care less about Jeter. I wouldn't have paid $5000 for his rookie bat. But he did, and that makes him happy.
    I don't collect for investment. I collect my favorite players for enjoyment. I won't sell my favorite players' jerseys even if I can double my spent monies. I collect for the love of the game and associated memories that come with it. I consider that "priceless."
    +1 couldn't have said it better.

I agree to a point. Everyone has opinions on stuff. I know for me as a collector there is a breaking point/price point that I stick with. It is about knowing the market and what an item is worth to you.

In the end though if you are happy with it, it is your money.

You hit the nail on the head there.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

I will also say I bid on 7 or 8 different items. I won nothing and judging by the final hammer on 7 out of the 8 I am fine with it.

If I ever part with my older stuff I know where I am sending it for auction

Quote Originally Posted by Phil316 View Post
    I will also say I bid on 7 or 8 different items. I won nothing and judging by the final hammer on 7 out of the 8 I am fine with it.

If I ever part with my older stuff I know where I am sending it for auction
    I didn't win anything I bid on, acouple actually went cheaper then I thought. Specially a bat that sold couple years ago for $1,100 only brought in $368.

But knowing my luck if I consigned items, they probably do bad.

I'm super jealous of whoever bought those Kobe Olympic shoes! However at close to 40k that was a bit steep for me haha