My trip to Yankee Stadium 5/1/2014 LOADS OF PICS !!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ray371170
    • May 2013

My trip to Yankee Stadium 5/1/2014 LOADS OF PICS !!!!

So My buddy Mike calls me and tells me he has scored passes from Yankees/Steiner to be on the field for batting practice . Me being the Mets fan that I am , I was thinking about it but was like What the heck!

When I get there ..... All I see is this :

The Entrance to Yankee Stadium !!!!

My heart started to pump a little when I received this :

After getting the pass , The rep walked us thru the underlings of Yankee Stadium , I can tell you this, I was taking it all in .

My eyes just grew wider as we stepped foot on the field of Yankee Stadium .

This caught my eye

Ichiro chatting with an old friend

I look to my left and I see this :

I yell over to Cano in Spanish and he looked right at me. I explained that we have a mutual friend and he had a grin on his face when I mentioned his name. We spoke for a while and he even took a picture with me and signed my baseball.

I seen Felix Hernandez and asked him in Spanish if he wasn't busy if he could sign for me . End Result :

Right when I think things couldn't get any better , over walks Reggie Jackson !!!! He asks us how are we doing and offers to sign for us !!! Of course I didn't say no !!!!

I was already on cloud 9 when I asked my friend to take a picture of me :

I didn't even notice that Jeter photobombed me !!!! I realized that after I turned around !

I then took these pics

Jeter smiled and said " I hope you got my good side " and walked over and started to sign for me and the other 3 ppl I was with !!!

I got this pic off of the Yes Network Facebook page . That is Jeter shaking my hand after he signed for me !!!!

Jackpot !!!! :flex:

Here are the balls I got signed ... I am very happy !!!! I could care less about the sidepanel !!!

All in all , I had an amazing time and made memories that will last a lifetime !!!
  • Wrigley2010
    • Sep 2010

Re: My trip to Yankee Stadium 5/1/2014 LOADS OF PICS !!!!

Great photos and thanks for sharing! I still find the only signing the side panel a bit ridiculous.

Comment

• metsbats
      • Nov 2005

Nice photos! I think that's Ichiro's interpreter.

I would have gone too despite being a Mets fan too!
      metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• 3arod13
        • Apr 2006

Great Pics! As a Yankee fan, always enjoy seeing stuff like this. Thanks for sharing!
        Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• gorilla777
          • Aug 2009

Looks like a great day, thanks for sharing and posting all the photos too...

Ben

Comment

• Phil316
            • May 2013

Very cool story and pictures.

Felix for me has always been friendly and willing to sign.

Comment

• marino13
              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Wrigley2010
              Great photos and thanks for sharing! I still find the only signing the side panel a bit ridiculous.
              It is a minor agreement that he has with Steiner. If you want sweetpot, it will have to go through them or unless Jeter forgot about it.

But on the other hand, I have seen in person, Jeter signed on sweetspot - for little girls or toddler.

As for the OP - your friend paid a pretty penny for it. And if he did get it for FREE, he ALREADY paid a pretty penny.

Next time - if there is a next time, wore a gamer or have a game used baseball -- it will make the trip even better!

Comment

• Wrigley2010
                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by marino13
                It is a minor agreement that he has with Steiner. If you want sweetpot, it will have to go through them or unless Jeter forgot about it.
                I knew exactly why he didn't sweet spot the sig and I still feel its a bit absurd.

Comment

• CubbyBear8
                  • Nov 2013

What I don't get is, why do passes like those say no autographs? Makes no sense. If a player is willing to sign, why shouldn't they be allowed? Obviously the Yanks didn't enforce the rule..

Comment

Working...