Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    Banned

Did Manny use a Tom Cat bat? Help.

on ebay there is a Manny Ramirez 2004 Tom Cat bat model 40. Was wondering if Red Sox experts could verify that he used this model in 2004 with the Sox? thanks for the help.
    Greg

Re: Did Manny use a Tom Cat bat? Help.

I saw that and asked the seller a question at Midnight last night and have not heard back yet from him.Also i checked Getty images and did not see a pic of him with this kind of bat.I did a quick search and could have missed it.

Banned

He did contact me and said he got it from an Indians clubhouse guy in 2004. He is from cleveland. I checked corbis from that season and he used a lot of black bats but I couldn't tell if they were tom cats or LS.
    Greg

Greg,

From what I've seen Manny used X-bats during the early part of 2004, Manny also used LVS ash and M9 bats, and Sam bats during 04. My guess this Tomcat bat is likely from 2002 or 2003.

I would contact Tomcat bats directly, they may be able to help you pinpoint the year Manny had these bats delivered. http://www.tomcatbats.com/main.html

Bobby

Im staying away from this bat.I want one thats not from one of those clubhouse sources.Good luck

Banned

I emailed Tom Cat bats and asked them about the bat. We'll see what they say.
    Greg

Banned

Tom Cat bats owner just emailed me and told me he didn't even develop that model 40 until late 2004/early 2005, so it wasn't a game used Manny bat. At least it wasn't used in 2004 by Manny. Glad we did our homework.
    Greg

Banned

He emailed me again and said that's not even Manny's style of bat-he's nevered ordered the model 40. Stay clear of that one.
    Greg