Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

MLB Auction Pujols bat question

I'm not a big MLB bat collector, so forgive me if this sounds like a stupid question, but I noticed the Pujols game used broken bat currently on MLB Auctions has a pic of the bat saying 'Handcrafted for Vernon Wells'.

The MLB auth sticker says it's a Pujols bat, but just wondering why the bat doesn't have his name engraved in the bat? Maybe he used Well's bat?

Here's the MLB auction link:
    http://auctions.mlb.com/iSynApp/auctionDisplay.action?auctionId=158824&pgmode1=tea msearch&pgcust1=&&qt[0].type=fieldmatch&qt[0].name=title&qt[0].value1=albert

Thanks for any info!

Re: MLB Auction Pujols bat question

I'm no bat expert either, but I think its fairly common for players to use bats not necessarily specifically crafted for them. I think with the Dodgers for instance, Adrian Gonzales has been known to use Kemp's bats here and there. I'd say MLB authentication is safer than most authentications, but as you can read on this forum, plenty of times the MLB Authenticators make an error for something fairly simple.

Thanks! Yea, I wasn't sure if maybe the picture is wrong, as I don't seem to be able to see where the bat is broken either, but maybe I just can't see it.

Not uncommon at all for a player to use someone else's bat. I have few that are MLB authenticated in that manner.
    Always looking for Noah Syndergaard, Charlie Blackmon, Jordan Pacheco & Kenneth Faried items, thx!

I can only imagine the confusion should MLB's database get compromised/hacked. All the people who solely rely on that MLB hologram with be out of luck.