Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Murray Bat Warning

I recently purchased this Eddie Murray bat.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331166132804...84.m1439.l2649

It was purchased from Mike Schultz and was immediately sent to John Taube who could not authenticate it due to still sticky tape and sticky tar on a 30-year old bat. By opening a resolution case I was able to get my money refunded. If anyone sees this bat pop up again please beware.

Re: Murray Bat Warning

Good ol Mike Schultz. The master at doctoring items. His Kaline bat was bad too, which was evident when it was sold and relisted again.

You can tell the Murray is bad by the tar pattern underneath the tape rings.

Unfortunately, I was unaware of his reputation at the time. Luckily Paypal supported me.

Quote Originally Posted by sprint23 View Post
    I recently purchased this Eddie Murray bat.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331166132804...84.m1439.l2649

It was purchased from Mike Schultz and was immediately sent to John Taube who could not authenticate it due to still sticky tape and sticky tar on a 30-year old bat. By opening a resolution case I was able to get my money refunded. If anyone sees this bat pop up again please beware.
    Always save photos as the eBay link will not be operable down the road when someone wants to access it.

Name:  murray_fake_bat.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  32.2 KB
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Would it be worth while to create a thread to store these bad items. (With no names associated with items)

Chris what do you think?

If not as Andrew suggested keep track ourselves

David
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

I would have left negative feedback stating the facts that John Taube presented. That way it will let buyers know about this guy.

As long as there is a clear consensus as to the status of an item I think it would be beneficial to the collecting community to have these items set aside in one location.

In my opinion, forged use on bats is pretty easy to pick out, but it isn't so easy when it comes to jerseys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tim Byington
    Hall of Fame Bats
    tim@hofbats.com

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    Would it be worth while to create a thread to store these bad items. (With no names associated with items)

Chris what do you think?

If not as Andrew suggested keep track ourselves

David
    I think it would, but I would be all up for displaying the persons name and eBay name(if applicable) so that people steer clear of doing business with these people in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil316 View Post
    I would have left negative feedback stating the facts that John Taube presented. That way it will let buyers know about this guy.
    I left negative feedback and it was removed by eBay. When I called to ask why I was told that even though my feedback was appropriate and did not violate their policies, their system sometimes "randomly removes feedback in an increasing effort to try new things". Whatever that means.

The eBay seller of the Murray bat, Mike Schultz, was the seller of the infamous Brett bat discussed here:
    http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=60344

Here was the original eBay listing:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/GEORGE-BRETT...vip=true&rt=nc

This bat should be added to the list you are proposing.

Ben