Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Julio Franco just signed a contract.

Sure it's not MLB, it's the Independent League, more specifically the UBL Fort Worth Cats. But it is pro ball and Julio is a spring chicken at age... 55.

You can keep your steroid cheats and ridiculous numbers, I'll take Julio Franco's ability to play professional baseball when most men in the real world are thinking retirement and most baseball players hung up the cleats 15+ years younger as " ridiculously old men".
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Re: Julio Franco just signed a contract.

I never understand why some fans have the attitude of "Oh just go retire" on older athletes. We all have a limited time to do the things we enjoy doing, so I never understand why some fan gets upset that the player is no longer in his prime. If some team is willing to want you to play on that team, do it for as long as you want.

You have to appreciate Julio doing this, the man keeps himself in incredible shape as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jake33 View Post
    I never understand why some fans have the attitude of "Oh just go retire" on older athletes. We all have a limited time to do the things we enjoy doing, so I never understand why some fan gets upset that the player is no longer in his prime. If some team is willing to want you to play on that team, do it for as long as you want.

You have to appreciate Julio doing this, the man keeps himself in incredible shape as well.
    +1

I always liked watching him play and would love to be as active as he is when I'm his age. He seems to truly love the game, hopefully he gets a few AB's!
    Always looking for anything John Flaherty, Drew Storen and Marcell Ozuna game used.
    jaeger_danny@yahoo.com

Just talked to a former coach from the team that they're bringing in Minnie Minoso and another guy for the same reason. Aldrich, Adcock?? Really reaching in Ft. Worth seeing as the league became a joke. Mike Marshall is the manager down there

The mets will sign anybody...Abreu, Dice K, Farnsworth, Valverdi,The 2 Youngs...they are just awful...