Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Grey Flannel 1985 Gary Carter game used home jersey photomatched to first Met homer

I was looking at the GFA Gary Carter items obtained directly from the Gary Carter Foundation and was thinking with such great provenance what would be the chances that this was THE jersey Gary played in his first game as Met when he hit his first home run as a Met. (This is the set 1 jersey after all)

After viewing the video of that at bat on mlb.com and comparing it to the GFA jersey I believe it's the same jersey.

Please let me know what you think.

The bat which Gary used to hit this home run was originally in the Barry Halper collection and has passed thru at least two private collections. I'm sure the current owner of the bat would love to add the jersey to that collection if it's THE jersey.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Re: Grey Flannel 1985 Gary Carter game used home jersey possibly worn during first home run as a Met

that's a pretty sweet piece!
    Always looking for Noah Syndergaard, Charlie Blackmon, Jordan Pacheco & Kenneth Faried items, thx!

Re: Grey Flannel 1985 Gary Carter game used home jersey possibly worn during first home run as a Met

The location of the pinstripes going thru the '8' in the front matches exactly.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

This photo confirms it. (Gary rounding 2nd base heading to third after the home run)
    metsbats86@aol.com

Re: Grey Flannel 1985 Gary Carter game used home jersey photomatched to first Met homer

I believe that is 100% a photo match. Great work David and what a fantastic jersey!

Re: Grey Flannel 1985 Gary Carter game used home jersey photomatched to first Met homer

Looks good to me, now let's see how much this sucker goes for..

Am curious how much Carter's 86 trophy will go for as well...