Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This really gets on my nerves

Does anyone else get pissed when they see something for auction then the next week it's on eBay? Nfl auctions has sold some things recently and within days it's back up on eBAy even using the nfl auctions photos. I think it really ruins it for collectors and even teams who may think twice about wanting to sell. What are your opinions?

Re: This really gets on my nerves

I was at the sox garage sale and picked up the 2012 chris sale Jackie Robinson jersey. They also had the dunn but decided not to buy it. The price was $300 on the dunn. I had an email when I got home offering me the Dunn jersey for $600.

Not everyone is a collector, some people buy to re-sell, doesn't bother me at all.

I get peeved.. especially if it was something I was bidding on. The one that annoyed me the most was a bat that went on ebay for $1,200 and they outbid me last minute and then relisted it one week later for $3K. It's been about 2 months on ebay.. i hope it never sells

What bothers me more is when Im outbid at the last minute on an item only to never see it surface again. Happened to me just last week

I'm with the 1st poster. I keep mostly what I buy. I'm at 70 +\- game used helmets ACC/SEC/NFL lids now. I'm ok with a buyer --flipper but to post as a recent a acquisition and seem pleased to have then next day on eBay? Seems odd to me.

Tom

Alittle different from what you guys posted. But what got on my nerves the other day was I had a pair of cleats listed on eBay for $200 and someone offered $5.00 for them. Sadly they are also a forum member here! Serious $5 for something worth over $100 is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by helf35 View Post
    I was at the sox garage sale and picked up the 2012 chris sale Jackie Robinson jersey. They also had the dunn but decided not to buy it. The price was $300 on the dunn. I had an email when I got home offering me the Dunn jersey for $600.
    You really can't be mad/upset about that when you had every chance to buy it yourself.

Bottom line for anyone, if you want it bad enough, pay up! Don't be bitter about the person that did.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier39 View Post
    You really can't be mad/upset about that when you had every chance to buy it yourself.

Bottom line for anyone, if you want it bad enough, pay up! Don't be bitter about the person that did.
    I didn't want it. If I did I would have bought it. I was just a little irritated that I was offered the jersey for double the price especially while the guy was still in line to buy it.

Last November, I bought a Cowboys jersey of a former University of Hawaii player on eBay. When I checked the completed listing of the seller I noticed he had sold a jersey of another UH player. I kept checking hoping that the buyer would sell it later. Sure enough it was on eBay a couple of months ago and I was able to buy it. So it works both ways and sometimes you get a second chance on an item.