Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Re: June 2014 "Pick-Ups" Thread

Super excited about my newest addition to my Reds collection...2009 GU WBC jersey of Johnny Cueto signed by the members of the '09 Dominican Team including Robinson Cano, David Ortiz, Pedro Martinez, Hanley Ramirez, Jose Reyes, Miguel Tejada, Moises Alou, Jose Bautista, Nelson Cruz and more!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Finally (after years and years of searching) - I have a chance to pick up a game used item for Ichiro - 2014 Locker room nameplate.

Game used bats and jerseys can be had for a ridiculous amount, but a game used locker room nameplate, it cant be found for some reasons.

(Will post up pictures when I have a chance.)

Gregory Polanco July 6, 2012 Ronald McDonald night game used and autographed jersey.
    Polanco went 2 for 3 with an RBI.

That was supposed to be Ronald McDonald House night not just Ronald McDonald night.

Game used Dustin Ackley bat from last night. Ive never seen neon green tape like this or this sticker on the handle with the American Flag. Auth. HZ 288336

Super excited to finally add my first Jim Abbott jersey to my collection. I've been following him since high school and collecting him as soon as items were available but GU Abbott jerseys rarely surface. He was traded in late July '95 to the Angels so he only made seven home starts prior to that. Pictures were hard to track down but I'm fairly confident it photo matches the three I've posted.
    Russ - Always on the lookout for Jim Abbott, Team USA and Detroit Tigers GU.

Quote Originally Posted by coletrain98 View Post
    Game used Dustin Ackley bat from last night. Ive never seen neon green tape like this or this sticker on the handle with the American Flag. Auth. HZ 288336
    Those lizard skins are catching on slowly. I know David Ortiz uses them, and a few others. Really popular with softball players. Really awesome bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sotystl View Post
    Those lizard skins are catching on slowly. I know David Ortiz uses them, and a few others. Really popular with softball players. Really awesome bat.
    yea, i know that Stefen Romero has been using them on the mariners all year and Ackley,Zunino and Gillespie have started to use them recently. In my opinion it makes the bat more collectable and appealing than one without it

Carl Crawford 2013 gamer to add to my Dodger team bat project..

Quote Originally Posted by russyurk View Post
    Super excited to finally add my first Jim Abbott jersey to my collection. I've been following him since high school and collecting him as soon as items were available but GU Abbott jerseys rarely surface. He was traded in late July '95 to the Angels so he only made seven home starts prior to that. Pictures were hard to track down but I'm fairly confident it photo matches the three I've posted.

Great jersey, I always like Abbot when I was a kid!