Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mears Carter 86-87 Mets Catchers Glove

Mears Auctions Gary Carter Ws Game Used Glove Went For 10,000.00 Dollars With The Vig ! I Stopped At 5,000 , Lol ! I Picked Up The Heritage Carter Rookie Glove For 1700 Less ! Congrats To Who Got It ! Awesome Glove !

Re: Mears Carter 86-87 Mets Catchers Glove

I think most people would rather have the 86 championship glove than a rookie glove, hence the price...

Quote Originally Posted by bgold View Post
    I think most people would rather have the 86 championship glove than a rookie glove, hence the price...
    This is not the 86 Championship glove... It was used during the championship season but not THE glove worn for the final out of the WS.
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

thats what im saying ! would take my rookie glove !

Quote Originally Posted by TNTtoys View Post
    This is not the 86 Championship glove... It was used during the championship season but not THE glove worn for the final out of the WS.
    For you Met's experts ... since this isn't the 1986 World Champion glove that caught the last out of the WS .... is it part of the Gary Carter Hall of Fame display .... or is it in a private collection somewhere ...

It looks like there is a 1986 WS Gary Carter glove coming up in the Goldin auction. While again it ISN'T " THE glove worn for the final out of the WS" it is still a nice glove from a memorable WS.

Wow how many gloves did Carter wear in a season lol

Here's a interesting section from Gary's book 'The Gamer" regarding what happened after the Mets 1986 September 17th game against the Cubs when they clinched the NL East and the fans swarmed the field.

"People swirled all around us as the players tried to make their way to the dugout and to the safety of the clubhouse below. It was wild!"

"I was carrying my mask and catcher's mitt in one hand and trying to fend off bodies with the other. Somebody ripped my mask from me, but I held on tightly to my mitt. Masks are replaceable, but that mitt had been molded to fit my hand though the impact of thousands of speeding baseballs. I didn't want to have to break in a new glove during the championship series."
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Thanks for posting this David.

Doesn't answer the question of how many gloves he used during the 86 season but if he stuck to his game plan it would have been very few.

Having caught in the senior league I play in I can understand the importance of having a well broken in catchers mitt.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.