Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Mothers Day Auction Pick-Ups/Discussion Thread

With the auctions starting to end I'm curious what forum members acquired or any other thoughts on the auction overall after round one( assuming more is still to come).

I went in really wanting a Milwaukee Brewers pink bat and won the Lyle Overbay bat. I was on a low budget so I was glad it only took $220. Should display nicely as he makes contact on the backside of the bat so the LS logo etc. isn't all smudged.

Re: Mothers Day Auction Pick-Ups/Discussion Thread

Got the Brandon Moss pink bat from Oakland. They had 4 "GU" bats for auction, but only the Cespedes and Moss were actually used in the game 5/11. Donaldson bat went for over $500 but he didn't use a pink bat in the game. Sogard didn't even have an at bat that game so I find it misleading to call either of them GUed. Moss went 3 for 4 in the game, which I attended with my parents, so I was quite pleased it went for $276. An easy photo match too

Picked up a pair of Homer Bailey autographed Adidas pink cleats, very pleased at $260 considering they're signed and he was starting pitcher and picked up a win. Also picked up the Joey Votto pink ribbon from his jersey as well.

I was able to pick up Todd Frazier's Mother Day jersey with the pink ribbon. Told was 1-4 on the day with a solo homerun. It went unsold on auction but was able to pick it up directly from the Reds post-auction. Not bad at all for $450. Jersey was used multiple times before based off the wash tag before the pink ribbon was applied.

I was able to pick up the Marlon Byrd Phillies pink bat. I usually only pick up S.F. Giants items, but there are only two Marlons that have ever played in MLB (the other was Marlon Anderson), and my first name is Marlon.

Can anyone help out with a photo of Byrd with the pink bat? I have checked gettyimages.com, google images, and ESPN and cannot find an image. Thank you in advance for any help.

Seems like most went for realistically priced items...not $900 Anthony Rendon cleats. I liked Jonathan Lucroys EvoShield , but at $190 it just didn't make sense.

The Homer Baily cleats were a personal favorite as was that Marlon Byrd bat for each items looks. As far as getting a photo match most people make a thread requesting it and someone will snap some screenshots from the game. I couldn't find any professional pictures on the internet.

I was pleased most items didn't get into crazy bidding wars.

Marradar-email me at sjnyr@aol.com I have some MLB screen shots on my computer I think--I had saved them as I was hoping to win that one but gave up after getting outbid late.

$2500+ for a kershaw bat??

I picked up the Yoenis Cespedes Victus bat. Will get it signed in person during the off season.
    Pablo

Quote Originally Posted by loanapprover View Post
    $2500+ for a kershaw bat??

I was surprised by that as well. I know Kershaw is a popular player and is extremely good, I just didn't think a pitcher's bat was worth all that much, unless it was like 1 he used to hit a HR or something haha