Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone have a game-used baseball from the 2005 World Series?

I just acquired one from Game 2 with a MLB Authentication hologram sticker on it. Using the hologram number as a starting point in the MLB database, it looks like only 15 balls from Game 2 were certified as authentic with a MLB hologram. Thirteen of those are certified as Game 2 balls with no other information noted. My ball lists in the additional information area: "Ozzie Guillen - Game 2." What that means is anybody's guess, perhaps that it came from Ozzie Guillen as some point either during or after the game? The other one with additional information listed is the whopper -- Paul Konerko's grand slam. Interestingly, Scott Podsednik's Game 2 game-winning homer was not found in MLB's database, at least not in the numbered run involving my ball.

I'd like to do a little more research on this. If you have a ball from any game of the 2005 World Series, could you please list the hologram number either in this thread or to me in an email (salukidave@comcast.net)? I'd also be interested in knowing if you happened to snare a ball at one of the games that, of course, wouldn't have a hologram, like a foul ball or one tossed into the stands by a player. And does anyone know what happened to the Podsednik homer ball, and who has the Konerko ball?. I also wonder what happened to Jermaine Dye's Game 1 home run and Geoff Blum's Game 3 homer.

I'll post the results if I get enough information to report something.

Re: Anyone have a game-used baseball from the 2005 World Series?

didnt the fan that caught the podsednik homerun give it to him? maybe thats why its not in the database? awesome that you got one!

Quote Originally Posted by salukidave View Post
    I just acquired one from Game 2 with a MLB Authentication hologram sticker on it. Using the hologram number as a starting point in the MLB database, it looks like only 15 balls from Game 2 were certified as authentic with a MLB hologram. Thirteen of those are certified as Game 2 balls with no other information noted. My ball lists in the additional information area: "Ozzie Guillen - Game 2." What that means is anybody's guess, perhaps that it came from Ozzie Guillen as some point either during or after the game? The other one with additional information listed is the whopper -- Paul Konerko's grand slam. Interestingly, Scott Podsednik's Game 2 game-winning homer was not found in MLB's database, at least not in the numbered run involving my ball.

I'd like to do a little more research on this. If you have a ball from any game of the 2005 World Series, could you please list the hologram number either in this thread or to me in an email (salukidave@comcast.net)? I'd also be interested in knowing if you happened to snare a ball at one of the games that, of course, wouldn't have a hologram, like a foul ball or one tossed into the stands by a player. And does anyone know what happened to the Podsednik homer ball, and who has the Konerko ball?. I also wonder what happened to Jermaine Dye's Game 1 home run and Geoff Blum's Game 3 homer.

I'll post the results if I get enough information to report something.
    I just picked up this 2005 team signed locker room bottle. Love me some 05 white sox!!! I also have Scotty Pods 2005 used glove.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by stasman View Post
    I just picked up this 2005 team signed locker room bottle. Love me some 05 white sox!!! I also have Scotty Pods 2005 used glove.
    ^^Why do people always feel the need to mentions their items that have nothing to do with the topic at hand?^^

Quote Originally Posted by johnsontravis@ymail.com View Post
    ^^Why do people always feel the need to mentions their items that have nothing to do with the topic at hand?^^
    Because I'm a 2005 sox fan too and thought posting a unique 05 item would be interesting to other members.

Quote Originally Posted by stasman View Post
    Because I'm a 2005 sox fan too and thought posting a unique 05 item would be interesting to others.
    http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=51821

You are welcome. Not even half way down the first page in this forum section.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsontravis@ymail.com View Post
    http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=51821

You are welcome. Not even half way down the first page in this forum section.
    Thanks...

I have been looking to buy a ball from one of the games if possible. If anyone has any leads please let me know. Thanks!

stdrwt11@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by stdrwt11 View Post
    I have been looking to buy a ball from one of the games if possible. If anyone has any leads please let me know. Thanks!

stdrwt11@yahoo.com
    The balls are hard to find.

Dave,
    I read your Want Ad for 2005 World Series game used baseball. I am asking what kind of luck did you have obtaining one, leads on one, cost? When time permits if you could send me any information on 2005 World Series game used baseball it would be helpful. Thank you for your time and effort.

Clare Jerabek
    clarejerabek@wowway.com