Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lakeerie92
    • Oct 2008

Great MLB Authenticaton

I have mentioned previously that I believe that the Padres have one of the best authenticators in MLB. He was selected to authenticate at the All Star Game this year due to his hard work. This is an example of what he has been doing all season long.

Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com
  • Wrigley2010
    • Sep 2010

Re: Great MLB Authenticaton

That's great to see. I say put him in charge of training all the authenticators!

Comment

• jake33
      • Nov 2005

That is great to see that type of detail.

I was thrilled when I got a Rays relief pitcher's MLB debut game used jersey and the authentication included "1st MLB appearance debut game used jersey"

Comment

• tigerdale
        • Dec 2007

Thats great Russell!! Nice to see. Someone doing a great job, taking pride in their work, and being rewarded for it!!
        always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
        Thank you, Dale
        tigers1984@comcast.net

Comment

• coxfan
          • Feb 2009

It's odd how MLB clubs still vary so much on authentication procedures, even though it's supposedly an MLB-wide program. The Yankees and Red Sox, despite having the largest national followings, are apparently still doing only "game-used" balls without specifics other than date of game. Contrast that with Rangers and Braves, who are using much more advanced procedures with actual use of balls, even across multiple uses.

Comment

• cliffjmp33
            • Jun 2010

There is a great Edwin Encarnacion HR baseball with description still up for sale on eBay. I think it was relisted as the price looks cheaper than I saw before.

Per MLB Authentication:
            Session Name:
            CLE AT TOR
            Session Date: May 15, 2014
            Autographer:
            Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
            Additional Information: BATTER - EDWIN ENCARNACION, PITCHER - MICHAEL SALAZAR, BOTTOM OF 2, HOME RUN, OVER LEFT FIELD WALL, RECOVERED ON RING ROAD BY BLUE JAY SECURITY, JOHN CHO#335 TO SUPERVISOR STEVE BROOKS #206. TIES ERNIE WHITT - 132 HR, 9TH ALL TIME CLUB LIST.
            Cheers,
            Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
            My Memorabilia Collection

Comment

• johnsontravis@ymail.com
              • Dec 2013

I'm sorry but I don't see want is amazing about the authentication done here. All he did was look at a box score afterwards and fill it with a bunch of crap I could find myself.

Real detail is following a ball for multiple batters etc. Actually putting extra detail into it that can never be found out after the fact.

Comment

• lakeerie92
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by johnsontravis@ymail.com
                I'm sorry but I don't see want is amazing about the authentication done here. All he did was look at a box score afterwards and fill it with a bunch of crap I could find myself.

Real detail is following a ball for multiple batters etc. Actually putting extra detail into it that can never be found out after the fact.
                He does that too. He also puts in pitch speeds and pitch types as he tracks the baseball through multiple batters. I am sure if you are buying a jersey you would prefer authentication like this over what every other jersey has whether you can look it up yourself or not.
                Russell Wuerffel
                Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
                lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Comment

• Mike0619
                  • Mar 2013

More detail the better. Russell sent me a photo of this jersey , it is awesome. If i had the extra money, I would of bought it. I bought a Gyorko from Russ eariler this year and he even help me photo match it. Thanks Russ!

Comment

• johnsontravis@ymail.com
                    • Dec 2013

Originally posted by lakeerie92
                    He does that too. He also puts in pitch speeds and pitch types as he tracks the baseball through multiple batters. I am sure if you are buying a jersey you would prefer authentication like this over what every other jersey has whether you can look it up yourself or not.
                    I kind of figured he probably did stuff like that too. The only reason I might prefer this is I'd feel like the authenticator take his job a little more seriously than others.

Surprising such a good authenticator is with a team not well known for selling GU.

Comment

• stasman
                      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by johnsontravis@ymail.com
                      I kind of figured he probably did stuff like that too. The only reason I might prefer this is I'd feel like the authenticator take his job a little more seriously than others.

Surprising such a good authenticator is with a team not well known for selling GU.
                      Does anyone know how to contact one of the authenticators or a direct contact for the mlb authenticators office? I am nearing retirement and have been a police officer for 25 years. I have been trying to locate any contact info for the authenticators. I have sent emails to the MLB authenticators site where you look up the numbers but I have not had any luck. I would love to work for them. Thanks Matt.
                      Smatty8112@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...