Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Great MLB Authenticaton

I have mentioned previously that I believe that the Padres have one of the best authenticators in MLB. He was selected to authenticate at the All Star Game this year due to his hard work. This is an example of what he has been doing all season long.

https://secure.mlb.com/mlb/authentic...enterId=193205
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Re: Great MLB Authenticaton

That's great to see. I say put him in charge of training all the authenticators!

That is great to see that type of detail.

I was thrilled when I got a Rays relief pitcher's MLB debut game used jersey and the authentication included "1st MLB appearance debut game used jersey"

Thats great Russell!! Nice to see. Someone doing a great job, taking pride in their work, and being rewarded for it!!
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

It's odd how MLB clubs still vary so much on authentication procedures, even though it's supposedly an MLB-wide program. The Yankees and Red Sox, despite having the largest national followings, are apparently still doing only "game-used" balls without specifics other than date of game. Contrast that with Rangers and Braves, who are using much more advanced procedures with actual use of balls, even across multiple uses.

There is a great Edwin Encarnacion HR baseball with description still up for sale on eBay. I think it was relisted as the price looks cheaper than I saw before.

Per MLB Authentication:
    Session Name:
    CLE AT TOR
    Session Date: May 15, 2014
    Autographer:
    Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
    Additional Information: BATTER - EDWIN ENCARNACION, PITCHER - MICHAEL SALAZAR, BOTTOM OF 2, HOME RUN, OVER LEFT FIELD WALL, RECOVERED ON RING ROAD BY BLUE JAY SECURITY, JOHN CHO#335 TO SUPERVISOR STEVE BROOKS #206. TIES ERNIE WHITT - 132 HR, 9TH ALL TIME CLUB LIST.
    Cheers,
    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
    My Memorabilia Collection

I'm sorry but I don't see want is amazing about the authentication done here. All he did was look at a box score afterwards and fill it with a bunch of crap I could find myself.

Real detail is following a ball for multiple batters etc. Actually putting extra detail into it that can never be found out after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsontravis@ymail.com View Post
    I'm sorry but I don't see want is amazing about the authentication done here. All he did was look at a box score afterwards and fill it with a bunch of crap I could find myself.

Real detail is following a ball for multiple batters etc. Actually putting extra detail into it that can never be found out after the fact.
    He does that too. He also puts in pitch speeds and pitch types as he tracks the baseball through multiple batters. I am sure if you are buying a jersey you would prefer authentication like this over what every other jersey has whether you can look it up yourself or not.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

More detail the better. Russell sent me a photo of this jersey , it is awesome. If i had the extra money, I would of bought it. I bought a Gyorko from Russ eariler this year and he even help me photo match it. Thanks Russ!

Quote Originally Posted by lakeerie92 View Post
    He does that too. He also puts in pitch speeds and pitch types as he tracks the baseball through multiple batters. I am sure if you are buying a jersey you would prefer authentication like this over what every other jersey has whether you can look it up yourself or not.
    I kind of figured he probably did stuff like that too. The only reason I might prefer this is I'd feel like the authenticator take his job a little more seriously than others.

Surprising such a good authenticator is with a team not well known for selling GU.